Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The one-huge-meal per day diet

C

Cuts

O.k., so I just pigged out on some Chinese food and cereal for dessert, and I was thinking, hypothetically speaking... could one get good results off of eating just ONE meal per day? Let's say I do AM training and/or cardio, wait an hour, and then eat a BIG meal like 1-2 hours after that... say around 1500cal. And that's all I ate all day. What do y'all think would happen?

Terrible - you will lose weight but it will be half muscle

back in the day some bodybuilders employed this method. It's called the warrior diet. There are some cool anabolic effects, as this big meal is usually eaten right after training.

Cuts said:
O.k., so I just pigged out on some Chinese food and cereal for dessert, and I was thinking, hypothetically speaking... could one get good results off of eating just ONE meal per day? Let's say I do AM training and/or cardio, wait an hour, and then eat a BIG meal like 1-2 hours after that... say around 1500cal. And that's all I ate all day. What do y'all think would happen?

dont eat shit like that man, atleast more protien. yeah one meal a day is fine. it doesnt matter if u spread 3000 calories throughout the day or eat it all in one meal, you will weigh the same

Cuts said:

Ouch! this brings back bad memories from about 1 year ago, we had a thread w/ about 300 replies about this topic, w/ both sides of the argument.

Yes, it is hypothetically feasible, as long as you take in less calories then you use. Possible, but there are so many things I can say to counteract this as being a health issue as well as insulin problematic issue.

You can try it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Mr.X

I bought the book and tried the warrior diet..I learned 2 things. First: Ori Hofmekler has NO ability to write especially history. Second: The diet sucks, I did it..I quit...I ran far far away from the book.

Yeah y'all are probably right, but the feeling of really stuffing my face until I feel like I'm gonna explode is truly gratifying sometimes. Oh well, I guess it's back to 5 tiny meals/day for me :(...

i don't see why this wouldn't work, if you had your protien shakes every 2 hours or so of the day, to keep your muscle, but i wouldn't know, i never tried it.

You want to stablize your blood sugar throughout the day... so I wouldn't do it... I couldn't train on a diet like that... I'd feel too tired...

Top Bottom