Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight really necessary.

casavant

It seems that this rule is written in stone now- 1- 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. I see guys chugging down protein shakes and talking about all the chicken they've been eating, but is it really necessary? If you aren't growing, all that protein isn't going to get used. It's not going to force your body into an anabolic state. Of course, you need to have the raw materials for muscle growth in your body at all times, but c'mon, that much? Arnold Schwarzennegger, for one, did not believe in massive amounts of protein, and he seemed to do quite well. If you're growing, and you know it, by all means I think you need to ingest quite a bit (especially on cycle), but I see all these guys who do no more than a maintenance workout, and are packing down protein like they're going to be emaciated by morning. In my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes I see people make is not getting enough good carbohydrates or staying hydrated enough. If they'd concentrate more on that and not worry so much about getting their damn 250 grams of protein that they're going to piss and shit out, they'd see better results. Just my .02.

With adequate carb intake 1 gram per pound is acceptable.

I tried that and saw nothing but bad things - like getting bigger and my strength going up... well, in all honesty I was taking more like 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

now I take in 8oz of pudding per lb of bodyweight and I'm seeing very impressive results. I get tired and sleep a lot -but I've put on 50lbs in two months and I have some serious size working for me.
my lifts went down a little - but I'm not in this game for strength, its all about size.

I'm doing .945637 oz per pound of body weight multiplied by the square route of the length of the chelsa crossing divided by the British Thermal Unit.

As soon as I went 2-3grams per pound of body weight---my gains were so much better. Most guys that don't get in large amounts of protein don't because

1. they can't afford it
2. don't have the time to eat
3. think that less protein is better but are only fooling themselves
4. read the lies in the mags and believe them.

Take a look at some of the female bodybuilders pre-contest diets
some of these woman weigh less the 130 pounds and are taken in more protein the guys that weigh 100 pounds more then them. Why is this? Because they know the importance of protein.....

Just for the record, I'm on cycle right now and am eating a ridiculous amount of red meat and drinking a couple of shakes a day. But I can maintain a pretty large body on much less. In all honesty, when people ask me for nutrition advice I also recommend 1gm/#.

Here is what you should do. Jump over to the riod forum and ask what is the best juice, I've heard it was Ananvar, i don't really know. Take one cc for every pound you weigh every day for about 2 months, that should put some size on you pretty quick.

Wombat said:
As soon as I went 2-3grams per pound of body weight---my gains were so much better.

Waht was your carb intajke b-4 the increase. I bet it was less than 3 grams per pound.

Peyote Killa said:
Here is what you should do. Jump over to the riod forum and ask what is the best juice, I've heard it was Ananvar, i don't really know. Take one cc for every pound you weigh every day for about 2 months, that should put some size on you pretty quick.

LOL Anavar is an oral...

Hehehehe

Top Bottom