Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Omega 3 AND omega 6?!?

ChefWide

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I have been using omega 3's for years: flax, fish oils, etc... just had a nutritionally minded person tell me that to use omega 3's without omega 6's is bad. I had to run so the only info about 'bad' that i got was minimal.

What do you know about this?

cheers

chef

Omega-6s are all over in your diet (more than likely). Supposedly part of the reason the 3s are good is because they balance out the 6s, which we are overloaded on.

Typical Western diet is somewhere in the line of 17:1 of Omega 6 to Omega 3. Ideally, you should shoot for a 1:1 to 2:1 Omega 3 to Omega 6

I try to consume 10g fish oil daily due to the EPA to DHA concentration of 1800mg to 1200mg, respectively

:supercool

On CKD right now and my primary fat source is flax followed by fish.

I am getting like 150 grams of omega 3's in me a day. I am noticing some interesting things. I have not had a pimple since I began and I had mild psoriasis which has almost gone away.

I am thinking it has either something to do with the lack of carbs or the higher concentration of omega 3's

Inability to form blood clots is pretty bad :). It's happening with the Inuits because they get no omega6 and tons of omega3...but they're probably on a huge excess. If they get cut, it takes awhile for them to clot.
I'd keep a 1:1/2:1 ratio. Western people are getting like 1:20 o3:eek:6 lol.

FLax and fish oils + walnuts @ 100+ g's = keep them o-3's flowing into me
Plus almonds and extra virgin olive oil take care of mono's :eek:

With an "average" diet you already take enough omega 6s

so you just need some extra omega 3s

I am getting like 150 grams of omega 3's in me a day. I am noticing some interesting things. I have not had a pimple since I began and I had mild psoriasis which has almost gone away.

same here, i'm on the anpb diet which is higher in omega 6's but my skin has been awesome ever since i started it.

your lucky. when I eat 2 or more tbsp of npb I seem to get a bunch of new zits the next day. this is not a coincidence. I have tested it. other foods do it to me as well. But for instance I can eat 4 servings of walnuts a day with no zits.

dr0832 said:
your lucky. when I eat 2 or more tbsp of npb I seem to get a bunch of new zits the next day. this is not a coincidence. I have tested it. other foods do it to me as well. But for instance I can eat 4 servings of walnuts a day with no zits.

That is odd, hydrogenated fats do that to me.

Top Bottom