Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okinawa diet anyone?

vewatson"ready"

what's up guys, how many of you have followed this diet , some say is one the healthiest diets ever and it's to blame as the reason why Japanese live longer, I'm close to be considered obese and I would like to know if this could be a good diet for me, thank you.

a lot of these foreign diets are overblown. people actually think japanese people eat nothing but sushi and saki

they think greeks eat nothing but olives and lamb

they think italians eat nothing but lasagna and wine

or french eat cheese all day

or that mexicans eat taco's everyday

it just isn't true and quite annoying when you get asked what your ethnicity is and people compute it with food

bottom line is there are healthy variations of every type of food out there. you can eat sushi that is healthy and you can eat sushi drenched in soybean oil

There is no magic diet. The reason Japanese people live longer then North Americans is because they base their diet around unprocessed grains, fruits, vegetables and fish. These are all things that you already know that are healthy for you.

Long story short - base your diet around single ingredient foods. Limit red meat consumption and eliminate processed grains. That's the best diet for health and longevity.

Japanese have a completely different lifestyle, which goes far beyond the diet. They live a completely different life, and they are genetically different. Therefore, don't expect to live as long as the Japanese people do only because you will follow their diet.

Any diet that is balanced and that includes all the nutrients will be healthy, no matter the name it has.

Honestly any diet will work if you are eating less calories than you burn. All you need to do is use a TDEE calculator to figure out what you burn in a day and then subtract 500. That will put you in a 500 calorie deficit. If you stick to that every single day you will see great progress. Base your diet around lean protein, veggies, low GI carbs, and some fruit. Make sure you get enough healthy fats too. That is the recipe for success.

Top Bottom