Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okay to consume raw eggs

break the yoke mate, then it doesnt feel like a giant booger. that was my only problem doing that when i was younger. once i accidentally broke some yokes they went down like nothing and i kept on doin it

Hi LLL

Salmonella bacteria can be found in eggs, but it is not considered as the widespread problem it once was. I think the chances of you consuming a Salmonella infected egg are about 1/40 000. Whether it's a too big risk to take, is for you to decide. Safest bet is to eat eggs that are organic/free range, as most Salmonella incidents happened in battery hens eggs.

As for the guy who said that raw eggs don't contain as much protein as cooked. Well, he's sort of correct...

As the counter arguments and objectors claim, cooked and raw eggs contain the same amount of protein. However, it's how the egg is absorbed that is important here. Scientific evidence through experimental studies found that the cooked eggs' protein were better digested than raw eggs:

"Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein. However, no data are available concerning the magnitude of this impairment in vivo. In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white." (Matthews 1990).

I think the study claims that only 10-15% of cooked eggs was malabsorbed versus the 50% in raw eggs.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Craig

break the yoke mate, then it doesnt feel like a giant booger. that was my only problem doing that when i was younger. once i accidentally broke some yokes they went down like nothing and i kept on doin it

it be thrown into a shaker so gonna be mixed up nice hopefully not too foamy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

Hi LLL

Salmonella bacteria can be found in eggs, but it is not considered as the widespread problem it once was. I think the chances of you consuming a Salmonella infected egg are about 1/40 000. Whether it's a too big risk to take, is for you to decide. Safest bet is to eat eggs that are organic/free range, as most Salmonella incidents happened in battery hens eggs.

As for the guy who said that raw eggs don't contain as much protein as cooked. Well, he's sort of correct...

As the counter arguments and objectors claim, cooked and raw eggs contain the same amount of protein. However, it's how the egg is absorbed that is important here. Scientific evidence through experimental studies found that the cooked eggs' protein were better digested than raw eggs:

"Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein. However, no data are available concerning the magnitude of this impairment in vivo. In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white." (Matthews 1990).

I think the study claims that only 10-15% of cooked eggs was malabsorbed versus the 50% in raw eggs.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Craig

cheers Craig nice info once again...

50% is not obsorbed wow thats alot of wasted protein kind of waste thinking about it :(

Might stick to the peanut butter so

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

Don't take out the peanut butter. Your body needs it, it's a healthy fat. Just make sure it's the kind you have to stir.
It's ok to drink raw eggs.
Their are now flavored raw egg whites.
http://www.muscleegg.com/products/muscleegg/chocolate-egg-whites.html
I just bought some and will be drinking them two times per day.
Eggs and fish are the cleanest beat protein.

there is nothing special in raw eggs , well there are many peoples eating raw eggs but by boiling you can increase protein as well as there is bacteria in egg which dosnt harm after cooking

there is nothing special in raw eggs , well there are many peoples eating raw eggs but by boiling you can increase protein as well as there is bacteria in egg which dosnt harm after cooking

Lol. Increase the protein?
Not

So if I'm reading into this right, would there essentially be less protein by me buying a carton of liquid egg whites and drinking them than if I were to simply cook egg whites?

That is incorrect, same protein per ml

Top Bottom