Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok, let me know if this is right->kinda long post

BigRedCat

I just got back in the gym after a layoff and my girlfriend and I are doing as follows-Would any of you please help me make sure I am doing this right?

I am doing the old skool 5x5 training method(for her I have changed it to 3-5x8-10)

3 days a week weights-basic movements-3exercises per bodypart
example:

for chest,shoulders,tri's day:
Chest
flat bench 5x5
incline dumbell press 2 sets 8-10 reps
incline dumbell flyes 2 sets 8-10 reps
Tri's
close grip bench or weighted dips 5x5
skull crushers 2 x 8-10
overhead extensions 2x8-10 or pushdowns.
Shoulders
military press 5x5
side laterals 4x8-10
shrugs 3-4x8-10

3-4 days a week moderate cardio(treadmill) for 20-30 minutes(after weights or on days off from weights)

As for diet- I am following a 40/30/30 ratio- however I am not totally sure what my actual intakes should be as far as grams. We both use fitday which helps allot.
I am currently 195 pds, 5'11" and I have love handles that need to go! She is 5'5" and 140pds which is the heaviest(highest bf% anyway) she has been in a long time -she has the common problem of the fat going to her thighs and belly like allot of women. So....we are pretty much on a cutting diet while lifting intense and heavy. I figure for me I need around 1900-2470 cals/day. For her 1300-1690. Is this right?
What would our actual grams breakdown be for fat/carbs/etc? For me I am thinking around 70/g's fat,100-120carbs,200+protein- is that about right? What about her?

Our diet is getting pretty close to where it needs to be although I think she dosen't eat enough because she can never take breaks at work(she bartends)- she brings MRP's to work so that helps.

Here is the basic diet I have been following:
meal 1- muscle milk shake, oatmeal(or wheat bread with natty PB). Labrada Charge pill, vitamins.
meal 2- 1 can tuna, 1 cup veggies.
meal 3-MRP(labrada low carb)
meal 4- chicken breast or steak(some kind of meat) with veggies and baked potato.
meal 5 . salad with cottage cheese. maybe some tofu.
meal 6 MRP before bed.

I am trying to get her to do the same but she really dosen't eat enough.

Does this all look about right? Any advice ya'll could give us would be very appreciated. I am really wanting to get lean...my ultimate goal is to have the fighter physique(Tito Ortiz,Vitor Belfort)- I want to be a lean 195-200. Am I heading in the right direction? 2 more inches on my arms and I will be at 18" so that is something to work towards:)

Thanks......

I would aim a little towards a maintenance level of Calories for the both of you. About 2500 for you and a little over 1500 for her.

Also, with the chest, tris, shoulders workout, is that one entire workout or three separate ones? If its the former, that is way too much work. If its the latter, it's extremely important that you also train back and legs. Get back to us on that and we can give you more feedback on a workout routine.

C/P/F = carb/protein/fat
1 gram C = 4 Cals
1 gram P = 4 Cals
1 gram F = 9 Cals

For a 40/30/30 C/P/F split, you want
2500 Cals x 40% = however many Cals of Carbs
then divided by 4 = however many grams of Carbs

Similarly for P and F.

I had my cals adjusted a bit lower since I am cutting. That is my chest,tri's,shoulders day- 1 workout. I do legs of course too- 3 exercises per muscle group.

Top Bottom