Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oats vs. Brown Rice vs. Sweet Potatoes

Oats vs. Brown Rice vs. Sweet Potatoes

• Oats

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Brown Rice

Votes: 50 24.6%
  • Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 68 33.5%

• Total voters
sessa said:
When dieting on little portions - I find that brown rice is not filling, I am hungry after eating it.

Thats true. Oatmeal is more filling than rice on a calorie for calorie basis. I guess thats why I eat so much brown rice when I'm bulking because I can eat more of it without being full.

you can throw oats in a shake or into almost anything and mix them with a lot of things. try mixing brown rice with a shake.... lol

GI is irrelevant when you combine your carbs with ANYTHING. Fat or Protein. Tat will back me up on that, I learned it from her. It makes perfect sense too.. That being said.. I like Oats in the morning, Sweet Potatoes with my steak, and White Long Grain with my Chicken/Fish/Beans..

I eat Oatmeal and sweet potatoes all the time.

Brown rice - naaaah

I eat all three all the time, but if I have to chose one, it would be Oats.

The glycaemic load of oats is the lowest
I believe it also have the most protein per 100g of product
I just think eating oats regularly is boring.....
It's a tossup between the brown rice and the sweet potato in terms of insulin response

Probably irrelevant anyway since the margin of difference is pretty low and no evidence of GI and body composition.
In terms of quantity I like the potato

Top Bottom