Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oats vs. Brown Rice vs. Sweet Potatoes

Oats vs. Brown Rice vs. Sweet Potatoes

• Oats

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Brown Rice

Votes: 50 24.6%
  • Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 68 33.5%

• Total voters
Sim882 said:
Brown rice is just calories

Interesting theory. More than half the world's population live on rice...and have been for thousands of years.

There is far more to rice than just calories.

My choice is oats, but I prefer a wide variety of complex carbs.

FunFun said:
Interesting theory. More than half the world's population live on rice...and have been for thousands of years.

There is far more to rice than just calories.

My choice is oats, but I prefer a wide variety of complex carbs.

My understanding is that rice is not a nutrient dense food at all, it has very low trace minerals and that largely depends on the soil upon which it came. It provides energy in which most people live on it by, but not much in the way of nutrients.

thats not fair when 1/2 the worlds population is in one country and they are typically of smaller stature then the rest of the world

Boooo brown rice is loosing. I love rice. I've been making a rice recipe from Needto's book and I love it.

mus1cjunk1e said:
Boooo brown rice is loosing. I love rice. I've been making a rice recipe from Needto's book and I love it.

of those 3 sweet potatoes are my favorite!
i probably eat more oats than the other 2...

and currently i'm not eating any of these goodies b/c i'm trying to cut!

tdoom1 said:
If you had to choose one complex carb to have with your meals which would it be?

I choose Oats. I don't even cook them just throw some milk or water and splenda on them and eat like cereal

Whats that like, eating uncooked?

deathdroprob said:
Whats that like, eating uncooked?

I love it

Try this little experiment

Measure 1C of oats and whatever the water amount, cook it up and eat it all. then eat your protein after that. How full do you feel? If you were like me, very since 1C of oats cooks up to almost 2 full cups of oats.

Using 1C dry oats and about 1 cup of milk (let it sit for about a minute to soak up some milk and they soften up), 2 splenda, 1tablespoon raw sunflower seeds and 1 tablespoon flax meal has been my staple for the last 3 months and I love it.

I don't feel full and bloated like I did after eating whatever 1C oats cooked up to (usually almost 2C), and you get all the benefits of the 1C dry oats at half the volume in your stomach

This is from my meal chart:

swuult.jpg

Last edited:
tdoom1 said:
I love it

Try this little experiment

Measure 1C of oats and whatever the water amount, cook it up and eat it all. then eat your protein after that. How full do you feel? If you were like me, very since 1C of oats cooks up to almost 2 full cups of oats.

Using 1C dry oats and about 1 cup of milk (let it sit for about a minute to soak up some milk and they soften up), 2 splenda, 1tablespoon raw sunflower seeds and 1 tablespoon flax meal has been my staple for the last 3 months and I love it.

I don't feel full and bloated like I did after eating whatever 1C oats cooked up to (usually almost 2C), and you get all the benefits of the 1C dry oats at half the volume in your stomach

This is from my meal chart:

swuult.jpg

thanks alot man :chomp:

Oatmeal. Can't say I like it, but it's quick and easy so I eat it most everyday.
I hate rice, with the exception of fried rice with Chinese food.
I'm from the north so I wouldn't know what a sweet potato tastes like.

When dieting on little portions - I find that brown rice is not filling, I am hungry after eating it.

I love oatmeal and have eaten it every morning for the last 8 years. YUMMY!!!

I also eat ww pitas. They are made with ww flour, and are great when dieting. I don't get bloated from the ww breads or ww pastas, so I still incorporate them when dieting.

Last time I dieted I ate sweet potatoes 4x a day for 20 weeks. I never need to eat sweet potato again! :)

Top Bottom