Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oats vs. Brown Rice vs. Sweet Potatoes

Oats vs. Brown Rice vs. Sweet Potatoes

• Oats

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Brown Rice

Votes: 50 24.6%
  • Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 68 33.5%

• Total voters
BIKINIMOM said:
butternut squash (which I LOVE) is a better source of slow burning complex carb than oatmeal/brown rice or sweet potato?

No I think it's mod/high GI, but is very high in nutrition (made me go yellowish last year though as I was having 1+ kilo per day). U have to eat a lot to get cals though - like 45 per 100 grams

Sim882 said:
No I think it's mod/high GI, but is very high in nutrition (made me go yellowish last year though as I was having 1+ kilo per day). U have to eat a lot to get cals though - like 45 per 100 grams

Back in the day when I was competing I used to make a puree of broccoli and butternut squash. I got so damned tired of chewing food lol all that chicken and tuna, etc. The puree was sooooooo nice and sweet and yummy tasting. Made the dieting ALMOST bearable.

BIKINIMOM said:
Back in the day when I was competing I used to make a puree of broccoli and butternut squash. I got so damned tired of chewing food lol all that chicken and tuna, etc. The puree was sooooooo nice and sweet and yummy tasting. Made the dieting ALMOST bearable.

Maybe I'll bring jars of baby food to work and freak everyone out.

Lunch will be three 6 jars of chicken and peas and 5 jars of sweet potatoes

Sweet potatos rock. When I worked construction I worked with this guy thats was like 70 years old and smoked like a damn burning tire. But every day he would pull a raw sweet potato out of his over-alls and chow down on it.

squatmonkey said:
Sweet potatos rock. When I worked construction I worked with this guy thats was like 70 years old and smoked like a damn burning tire. But every day he would pull a raw sweet potato out of his over-alls and chow down on it.

Sweet potatoe - awesome low GI carb for loading days

Oats are my primary carb source. I am Italian so I have to binge on the whole wheat noodles a few times a week. I will have the occasional sweet potato when I go out to eat.

Top Bottom