Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oatmeal and Chicken Breast etc

tripleV

Hello Ladies

ANy suggestions to make plain oatmeal more appealing?
What do you put on your chicken breast to make it less boring?
Tuna too.
Blah Blah Blah

3V,
they all get kinda blah, blah, blah... don't they! Here are few of mine...

Nat pb in the oatmeal... or 1 scoop low carb protein powder, chocolate is a cool change... sometimes I really get adventuresome.. add pb AND choc protein powder.... have to make the oatmeal a little 'watery' so it will not be a glumpy, gelatanous ball when adding pb or pro pwdr.

oatmeal pancakes.... oats, egg white, 1 sc pro, 2 oz cott ch... (lately I'm really restricting carbs, so I cut the oats out).... add a little water & enjoy w/ nat pb...nice change from plain oatmeal or plain egg whites.

*yeah I know heating the protien powder subtracts from it's quality, but hey, we all need a break now & then! :D

Chicken- I love the Udo's on chicken, either alone or in a salad.... or make a dressing: 1 T Udo, mustard, lemon juice...mix & pour over chicken or salad or tuna..maybe add a little marinade- 1 t (mesquite or lemon herb) mixed into the dressing...

love to see all ideas to help the boring chicken & tuna dilemma...:)

my oatmeal ritual

every morning i get a carton of eggwhites (250ml =8 ews), put in 60ml oats and a tsp or so of maple syrup, cook it up and chow it down... i honestly think it tastes really good... i guess you have to get out of the 'oatmeal' mentality when you eat it, its really egg whites with oats in it :)

(and the maple syrup makes it for me, i love my aunt, she's hooked me up with stuff that she taps herself... its great... if you don't have such a connection, i wouldn't suggest pancake syrupYUCK!, maybe vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever floats your boat for flavour...)

as for chicken breasts, i've been using low cal catalina (sp) dressing for a change... ( i know its not the best stuff, but i'm just throwing caution to the wind)... it really has a nice flavour reminisiant of chinese food red sauce :)

with tuna i use the following....

1) open can of tuna
2) drain can of tuna
3)take one fork full, stuff in mouth, hold nose, chew, swallow
4) repeat step 3) 2 or 3 times
5) scrape remainder of tuna in cat food dish, wonder what the hell i was thinking!

hehe

Breakfast:
7:00 am 6 egg whites w/ 1 slice of fat free cheese
2 slices of wheat toast w/sugar jam
1/2 cup of plain oatmeal w/ equal and sliced strawberries.

Snack:
10:00 am
50grams of Isopure zero card protein.
1 orange

Lunch:
1:00 pm
3/4 cup of brown rice or yam or potatoe
Chicken Salad w/ flaxseed oil on top

Snack:
4:00 pm
MRP Labarda's Lean Vanilla with bananas mixed in.

Workout 4:30pm

6:00 pm
Post workout smoothie w/ 80 grams of protein, glutamine. amino, lots of fruit.

Dinner:
9:00pm
4 oz chicken breast baked w/ mrs. dash and barbecue sauce, I shred the chicken and place in a tomatoe and basil wrap. lettuce, tomatoe, fat free mayo.

Marinade the chicken breast for 30mins before you cook it, season with paprika, lemon pepper mrs dash, you can marinade in a low sodium marinade. Try turkey breast it's cheaper than chicken and taste good.

Just my imput.

Oatmeal:
eat it like rice (a side dish)
a little bit of sugar milk won't hurt... yummy
butter
fresh fruit on top (strawberries are best for me)
try some grits instead

chicken:
soak in a salt water over night for a great marinade
fry up sliced chicken in water
stirfry with your favorite veggies
dip in honey-mustard
make kabobs w/ vegetables
add a little soy sauce, water and sugar
think of it as fuel, then taste would really matter;)

2 packets of instant oatmeal (regular flavor) mixed with a 1/2 can of Dole chunk pineapple IN ITS OWN JUICE - not syrup kind - mix it up really good...Good for after workout...It tastes yummy!!! I add a packet of sweet n low sometimes to make it even sweeter

ooooh... I almost forgot... my favorite! chicken breast & Walker's Wood Jamaican Jerk Seasoning!

for those who luv spicy... the scotch bonnet peppers will nearly make your hair change color... yum...:p

Basil Chicken Packets:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lbs.)
2 T. Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 T. Grated Lemon Peel
1 1/2 T. Dried Basil
1/2 t. Salt
2 med. yellow squash-sliced
1 med. Red bell pepper cut in rings
Fresh Ground Pepper to your liking.
4 Sheets HEAVY alumimun foil

Preheat grill to med heat(or oven to 450 degrees)
Center one chicken breast on each piece of foil. Cover with parsley, lemon peel, basil, salt and and sprinkle over chicken. Top with squash, red pepper rings,sprinkle with pepper. For each foil packet, bring up sides and double top the ends to seal, leaving room for expansion. Grill 11-13 minutes on covered grill or bake on cookie sheet in oven for 16-18 minutes.

FISH(ANY KIND OF FISH)

Raspberry Dressing:
1/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1/4 C. Fat free Raspberry salad dressing
1/1 C Chopped fresh parsley
2 t. finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/2 C. fresh raspberries.

Cook the type of fish you enjoy as directed. Chop salad greens and toss in cooked fish with dressing above. ENJOY 204 cal's., 7 grams carb, 4 fat grams.

with tuna i use the following....

1) open can of tuna
2) drain can of tuna
3)take one fork full, stuff in mouth, hold nose, chew, swallow
4) repeat step 3) 2 or 3 times
5) scrape remainder of tuna in cat food dish, wonder what the hell i was thinking!

Phem - you had me laughing over this one - My cat can hear me pull out a can of tuna from upstairs in the 2nd bedroom. He's amazing. And then he walks around rubbing on me and doing the "tuna dance" like there is nothing in the world that could make his life better.

I can't handle plain tuna and I hate mayo, so I just layer in the regular yellow mustard (dijon mustard is a complete abomination LOL!). And the cat gets the rest. I do have to keep him out of the mustard & tuna concoction because it doesn't seem to sit well with him, and then it ends up on the floor... we'll leave it at that...

Tuna w/ a salad & low fat/ low carb salad dressing usually works too.

When I was dieting for my show and I HAD to eat oatmeal (YUCK!), I sprayed "I cant belive its not butter" spray on it with some Sugar Free, Fat free pancake syrup (from health food store), it helped a whole lot.

Top Bottom