Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

oatmeal

blown93302

i love oatmeal!! i have been eating it 3 times a day and was just wondering if it was a good carb source to eat throughout the day, or just in the morning for breakfast? anyone have anything on this? thanks

In my view, oatmeal is one of the best sources of carbs. Now if you're trying to bulk up, you can surely eat oatmeal 3 times a day. But, if your goal is to diet down, I reccomend keeping the oatmeal in the mornings only.
And yes, oatmeal is a great carb and tastes good too :eek:) (unless you eat it for 16 weeks every day pre-contest, then u get sick of it lol I know I did)
My 2cents
Mr.X:cool:

When I'm bulking I eat a ton of oatmeal all day long. Its a very slow burning carb which is exactly what we want.

sounds good guys, but what about the instant stuff?? is it not as good for you because of the sugar, but still a good source of carbs? im hooked on the fruit and cream ones!! mmmmmmm:D

Stay away from the instant oatmeal!!!
Get yourself a slow cooking oatmeal and put some fresh strawberries or black berries or chop some apples and raisins or a few slices of banana(not too many) high in sugar, and trust me it tastes amazing.:cool:

I have been using this instant oatmeal, two packs with 5 egg whites, every morning for the last 2 1/2 weeks, and have loss 14 lbs to date....seems to not be hurting me what do you all think? I am 5 10, and started at 290, now am down to 276 and still losing.:confused:

If you use instant oatmeal because it's quick, try Quaker Quick Oats. It has no added sugar and it cooks with just hot water like the instant kind. I add raisins to mine :)

If we need carbs for energy during a workout and we need the simple carbs for post workout what is wrong with the instant with suger added?
I have been eating one packet of oatmeal with a scoop of protein about 1.5 hrs. before workout and the same post workout. This gives me two meals with about 30gr. of carbs and 30gr. of protein. Is this not a good idea?
Also would mixing 5gr. of createin monohydrate with the post workout suger infested, protein enriched oatmeal be good for createin absorption?

what is wrong with the instant with suger added

Rockaho, I can't answer your question specifically but I do not see a problem with it. I add about a table spoon of brown sugar to my oatmeal anyway because I like the taste but I don't like it too sweet. That's why I don't buy the flavored kind. If you're adding protein to it, i think it's a great meal to eat before you work out.

the rice-ster ('cause I like rice)

Oatmeal is a great source of clean burning carbs as well as fiber. As for the instant stuff, get rid of it... Regular Quaker Oatmeal (for those who know what I'm talking about) takes 2-3 mins in a microwave.

Top Bottom