Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nutrition Plan Help

tmk123

Ok, im in major need of help, im 17 still live at home but i want to bulk up, i can pretty much have flexibility over everything but dinner(since i live at home i pretty much have to eat whatever my mom cooks) heres what i was thinking... i need to icnrease the calories alot but i need simple meals.. something i can fix really easy.

Bulking Diet - Cal - 3000

Breakfest - 8:00: (527 cal)

Oatmeal - 225/11/36/4
Scrambled Egg Whites(6) - 102/21/1/5
Skim Milk(2 cups) - 200/20/28/0

Mid Morning Snack - 10:00: (425 cal)

Oatmeal - 225/11/36/4

Lunch - 12:00: (300 cal)

Chicken Breast(4 oz) - 196/35/0/5
Brown Rice(1 cup) - 154/4/35/0
Water

Snack - 2:00 (476 cal)

Tuna(Water Packed)(4 oz) - 120/26/0/1
Beef(5 oz) - 286/43/0/11
Pita(1) - 170/6/35/2

Snack - 4:00 (490 cal)

Protein Bar(200 cal)

Dinner - 7:00

Need Help​

If you cant tell, i need major help, any advice is most helpful.. thanks.

-TMK

you forgot the 3 most important details when asking for comments:

1. Current weight
2. Current BF%
3. What does your training look like (days/week, etc)

tmk123 said:
Ok, im in major need of help, im 17 still live at home but i want to bulk up, i can pretty much have flexibility over everything but dinner(since i live at home i pretty much have to eat whatever my mom cooks) heres what i was thinking... i need to icnrease the calories alot but i need simple meals.. something i can fix really easy.

Bulking Diet - Cal - 3000

Breakfest - 8:00: (527 cal)

Oatmeal - 225/11/36/4
Scrambled Egg Whites(6) - 102/21/1/5

Mid Morning Snack - 10:00: (425 cal)

Oatmeal - 225/11/36/4

Lunch - 12:00: (300 cal)

Chicken Breast(4 oz) - 196/35/0/5
Brown Rice(1 cup) - 154/4/35/0
Water

Snack - 2:00 (476 cal)

Tuna(Water Packed)(4 oz) - 120/26/0/1
Beef(5 oz) - 286/43/0/11
Pita(1) - 170/6/35/2

Snack - 4:00 (490 cal)

Protein Bar(200 cal)

Dinner - 7:00

Need Help​

If you cant tell, i need major help, any advice is most helpful.. thanks.

-TMK

Sorry :)

currently 175, around 14-16% body fat.. looking to get down to around 8 or 9
and my training you can find here...

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426681

tmk123 said:
Sorry :)

currently 175, around 14-16% body fat.. looking to get down to around 8 or 9
and my training you can find here...

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426681

How many cals were you eating before starting this plan?

if you were eating far less than this, you want to ease up into the new caloric level, that means, one week (or until the weight stalls) at 2500 cals and then jump to 3000...

According to your numbers, your theorical bulking range is 3200-3400 cals (this depends on how much of a hard-gainer you are).

I'm currently at 3000 cals myself, thinking about making the jump to 3400 but rather gain slowly in what I want than fast in what i don't need.

Bulking and cutting are opposite in their approach to carbs: BUlking requires you to eat a lot of carbs to fuel the workouts. As much as 50% of your caloric intake should be quality carbs...

The diet looks OK, its lacking on EFAs, though, you need your fats too.

my diet is so simple it is painful: chicken, beef, brown rice and shredded wheat for breakfast. half a liter of skimmed milk/day and I'm done... I curently eat about 4-6 cups of brown rice/day and have 4 chicken breasts and 1 tuna can daily... simple, gets the job done.

Im missing on your diet your PWO shake? where is it?

Im assuming that means post work out shake? umm i guess i'll just have a regular protein shake o_O

As i said im really new to this what should i have?

I've pretty much been a junk food guy, so im guessing my calorie intake was pretty high i didnt really count :)

Im not a hard gainer (i gain pretty easy)

tmk123 said:
Im assuming that means post work out shake? umm i guess i'll just have a regular protein shake o_O

As i said im really new to this what should i have?

I've pretty much been a junk food guy, so im guessing my calorie intake was pretty high i didnt really count :)

Im not a hard gainer (i gain pretty easy)

yep, Post Work Out shake... the basic idea behind it is to have easily digested protein (whey isolate) and easily digested carbs (dextrose or maltodextrin or both) in order to spike insuline and take the protein to your cells...

have a read:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/windowofopportunity.htm

you said i was missing some stuff, if when you get time could you help me sort out the unbalanced part? im very open to food suggestions as long as there not gross and hard to fix.

Any specific food you like or think i should remove or add?

tmk123 said:
you said i was missing some stuff, if when you get time could you help me sort out the unbalanced part? im very open to food suggestions as long as there not gross and hard to fix.

Any specific food you like or think i should remove or add?

I would definitely add oils, either flax oil or seeds, or fatty fish (salmon, trout, etc) or nuts.

remember you are bulking, you have more choices.

as I said, my diet is very simple: protein, rice/wheat and oils. I prefer convenience over taste.

Yep same here convience instead of tatse hear too. It seems like u got the diet on the right track. Do what pintoca said, add some oils and healthy fats into the diet, but since u are bulkin you do have some room to play with. Eat LEan -> grow lean too remember. For the Dinner i would recomend 2 chicken breast for dinner. its about 40g of protein, and 410 cals or something like that if im not mistaken. But ya your cals are high so you know what you gotta do.

My dinners on the regular:
Chicken Breast
Shrimp
Lean Meats

But the Chicken breast i would say i eat 5x a week easily i just havnt gotten tired of it yet. I marinade the chicken in fat free italian dressing. and cook it untill the dressing is kind of burt away so it leaves a "burt" look but taste so good like that. Or just grill them.

remeber tho. Keeps carbs kind of early but since u are bulkin it is up to you. Get some good sleep. Get your vitamins and supplements in.

Also for added protein if you wantd you could have a late night shake with some slow digesting protein like cassein, or have some cottage chease. I have a Can of tuna, out of the can at night alot before i go to bed.

Just think of food as fuel now, it is no longer a pleasure. Just fuel your body up!

i just read that your mother would cook your diet. im 19 and still live at home too. I just conviced the entire family to change to healthier dinners. try to talk to them about your goals. and let them know what you are doing zaand you are doing it the healthy way without using steroids blah blah. maybe she will start to help cooking meals around your diet + the whole famill would benefit from helthy meals.

Top Bottom