Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

number of carbs for ketosis

swimmar

I did a brief search on these boards, couldn't find any info.

Anyways, in Lyle's 'The Ketogenic Diet', he states that most individuals could have up to 100 carbs a day and still be in ketosis. I guess the reasoning behind that is that the brain uses approximately 100 grams of glucose a day, though it will switch over to ketones if necessary.

Anyways, I keep reading statements like "This isn't a keto diet, cuz I'm eating 50 grams of carbs a day."

Comments?

Personally, I probably eat about 70 grams of carbs a day, mostly centered around workouts. Dunno if I'm in ketosis or not.

iceman11111 said:
First off go an get some ketostix's at your local drugstore (they are usually behind the counter, so you will have to ask for them)

Second, a person can go with out any carbs on a daily basis and still maintain normal living functions!

If you can get your hands on an Atkins book, get it! It is one of the best books I have read, that deal with keto's dieting!

The way atkins diet works is you start of at 5grams of Carbs per day and every week you add an additional 5 grams to your daily intake, until you hit a point where you are just in 0- trace ketosis (to maintain your current weight)!

Just a tip: Everyone is different when it comes to the amount of carb intake on a keto's diet! Some people can take it 100grams of carbs per day and stay in ketosis, while others can't even look at carb's with-out getting knocked out of ketosis!

Also, I would take ALA before each meal, as it helps push the carbs that you do eat into the muscle instead of your fat cells, and also helps keep you in ketosis!

Hehe.. I've heard that the Atkins diet is an awful source of information about ketogenic diets.

Anyways, I've heard that you can be in ketosis and not have any ketones in your urine, so, while ketostixs can tell you that you're in ketosis, it can't tell you that you're not in ketosis. Or so I've heard. :) I hear lots of things. Mostly on misc.fitness.weights.

Top Bottom