Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Not gaining any weight!!!! HELP!

ARN

I don't know why but I can't seem to gain any weight. I eat 5-6 meals a day, which equals about 2500 calaries of healthy stuff ie. tuna, chicken breasts etc.... I do cardio for 20mins 3 times a week. I lift 5 days week and for my routines I lift heavy, doing 4 sets of 6's.

I'm 5'10 and currently at 145lbs. I've been around this weight for a long time. When I started working out I was a bit chubby and now I'm leaner and have some definition. My strength has increased but my weight hasn't really increased.I've have gotten slightly bigger but nothing dramatic. I've heard that people usually gain 2lbs a month but it doesn't seem like I'm gaining any. I've been seriously working out since August 01. I started doing weights at home last Feb 01 but I wasn't dieting properly, taking protein and doing cardio.

Anyways I'm just wondering what am I doing wrong? It is possible that the reason I'm at the same weight is cuz I'm replacing some fat with muscle mass?

arn if you want to gain weight you are going to have to up your calories more. if people are gaining 2 lbs of lean muscle each month, then they are very very lucky, i really doubht that is true. bump your caloreis up to about 20 X your bodyweight. and get your calories from 40/40/20 carbs/protein/fat ratios. if you dont know waht foods to eat for each just say and i will post and tell you. your lifting looks good, but realize that you are going to gain some fat doing this, and then have to cut it off later, but u will gain muscle and weight much much faster this weight. expect 1 to 2 lbs each week. also cycle creatine 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off, 5 grams with your postworkout meal. your postworkout meal should be about 50 grams whey, 50-75 grams high gi carb; ex: dextrose, maltodextrin, honey....; hope that helps.

I agree with 110%. I am at 185 and I have to eat 4500 calories a day to gain weight. Sounds like you have a quick metabolism. I would recommend upping your calories by 300 per week until you start gaining at least 1 lb per week.

Sometimes I wonder.... Gee... you're doing cardio 3 times/week and lifting 5x/week, and you only have 2,500 calories? Bro... cut back on the cardio to once per week, lift 3 times a week (4 is absolute maximum, 3 is better), and increase your calories to like.... umm... 4000 calories/day. You're doing way too much shit and eating like you're cutting... i'm surprised you haven't lost weight, if you did be happy it was most likely fat.

Top Bottom