Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

That non saturated fat that is in peanut butter, good or bad?

emptywallet

Peanut butter to me, seems to be an extremely calorie dense food. Tastes awesome too . I imagine a spoon full before bed while bulking would be good. Anyway, its high in fat, but it low in saturated fat. My question is, the regular fat that is in it (non saturated), is it good or bad? Anything special about it? By special meaning or comparing it to how flax oil fats are good, omega 3's, MCT's all that. Or is PB just regular ole fat? Anyone kinda see what I'm saying?

The fat in peanuts and therefore natural peanut butter is mostly monounsaturated fat, like what primarily makes up olive oil. It's good for your heart. It lowers 'bad' cholesterol and raises 'good' cholesterol.

I guess I don't know what "regular ole fat" would be (saturated fat is just as 'regular' as poly- or mono-unsaturated), but peanuts are mostly Omega-6. Walnuts are a better source of Omega-3s, if you want to run down some walnut butter...

The fat is PB is excellent !!! I eat it by the jar when bulking or cutting !!! Pound some tonite with a cottage cheese chaser !!!

I read somewhere that mono unsaturated fat helps burn fat by hydrolizing them or something or rducing them or whatever...

Peanut butter is the bomb, right before you go to bed. I thought I was the only idoit that eats pb with cottage cheese before bed. That's coo

Fatchops

The fat in peanut butter is good fat. Good fat burns bad fat. So you must eat good fat to lose fat from your body.

When bulking I eat lots of peanut butter, when cutting, I eat it once in awhile. Also I eat Skippy, which I know is very bad, and whatever, but I was 5'10 and 138 lbs, at one time, so I was a hard gainer. I recommend Natural Peanut Butter, (but I don't eat it)

Just about any grocery store carries Adams. Or you can even get the high-class shit at health food stores, made from valencia peanuts...mmmmmmm mmmmmm good!

Top Bottom