Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NJRipped's Guide for Getting Below 7% Without Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really the OCD only applies to food. I workout much less than most people so the time factor is low. One day it will become apparent that food was never intended to be such a crucial social requirement (at least I hope one day). :)

Keep in mind that even at 8-10% I was still pretty cold in the winter so I also lose some of the incentive knowing that's the case. I just need to find a way to stay warm - do you really think that it's worth such a substantial increase in BF levels (give me your honest opinion keeping in mind that I still will need to pretty much eat the same number of calories everyday once I raise my BF levels)?

ashley2212 said:
ALWAYS LOOKING?!?! WHAT?!?! Man... don't tell her that :worried:

I'm wondering how she puts up with the OCD when it comes to your body.

Also, you look worse losing the fat than you do putting it back on... the pic that you have of yourself I'd assume is mid-fat loss... you'd probably find that you look better now at 8-10% fat...

Never know until you try... so why don't you try? If you know how to lose the fat, why fear putting it on?

NJRipped said:
That's correct. I workout on Sat and Sunday. I do two sets (say dumbell bench) on Sat and do not work out again till next Sat. Back in the day I would do 16 sets per bodypart and never looked any better. lol

Thanks for answering. I've never noticed more gains when going above 4 sets per body part. Infact above that I sometimes start to see signs of over-training. Especially with a finely tuned diet which I think very much correlate.

NJRipped said:
Really the OCD only applies to food. I workout much less than most people so the time factor is low. One day it will become apparent that food was never intended to be such a crucial social requirement (at least I hope one day). :)

Keep in mind that even at 8-10% I was still pretty cold in the winter so I also lose some of the incentive knowing that's the case. I just need to find a way to stay warm - do you really think that it's worth such a substantial increase in BF levels (give me your honest opinion keeping in mind that I still will need to pretty much eat the same number of calories everyday once I raise my BF levels)?

Again, still being cold at 8-10% could also be due to the fact that you were in the process of losing fat at the time. Putting it on might be a different situation.

Putting on fat just to stay warm might not be reason enough, but I would think that in general your body would function better with a little more fat on it anyway... not to mention that it really is more attractive :heart: How are you supposed to keep your gf warm in the winter if you're freezing yourself?

Also, I think that allowing your body to fluxuate a small amount helps you to learn more about the way your body works in general, as well as about other "nutritional/fitness theories." You've lost all of that fat, but since you've gotten there, have you ever turned back at all just for the sake of learning what else your body can do?

I'm not at all trying to convince you to put on more fat for the winter, so don't take my comments as that. I know you will do what you want to do regardless of what anyone else says ;)

Texas Ranger said:
NJ, what's your eating and training recommendation for someone at 6' 265-270lbs coming from a high bodyfat level(20-22% bodyfat) down to 7-9% bodyfat? The guy is coming off a 3 1/2 year layoff from the gym and trying to get back into. Need this info for a close friend in as much detail as possible.
NJ, could you PLEASE answer this question for me? This is for one of my very best friends that needs help.

There really is no secret or trick to get to low levels of BF although most people want you to believe there is. A high protein/high carb diet will get you there. All your friend has to do is eat such a diet of QUALITY foods approx 500 calories below his maintenance levels.

Sounds easy enough but what makes it most difficult for most is not enjoying the foods they love AND not eating the quantity of foods they thought that they could. I should take a pic of my dinner consisting of 375 calories. The quantity of food would probably make most cry. Before my diet, I would eat about 5-7 times the amount I eat now and I wasn't even that fat.

Your friend can also do some cardio to speed up the process but needs to be aware of the main problem; that is the fact that most who do cardio tend to justify eating more and then lose the effects.

Texas Ranger said:
NJ, could you PLEASE answer this question for me? This is for one of my very best friends that needs help.

You're welcome. I agree, I think most do more sets because they think that so few sets couldn't possibly give you the benefits you want. Really, I attribute 95% to a clean diet.

deltreefitness said:
Thanks for answering. I've never noticed more gains when going above 4 sets per body part. Infact above that I sometimes start to see signs of over-training. Especially with a finely tuned diet which I think very much correlate.

I think you're just trying to fatten me up. lol To me it all comes down to the fact that even if I do put on the extra fat, I would still eat exactly the same way after the fat gain. Also, I like the fact that I'm finally begining to see veins on my lower stomach. lol Tell you what, if you're curious I'll send a new pic and a pic when I was 8-10% and you be the judge. I don't want everyone else to see me in my tubby state. :)

ashley2212 said:
Again, still being cold at 8-10% could also be due to the fact that you were in the process of losing fat at the time. Putting it on might be a different situation.

Putting on fat just to stay warm might not be reason enough, but I would think that in general your body would function better with a little more fat on it anyway... not to mention that it really is more attractive :heart: How are you supposed to keep your gf warm in the winter if you're freezing yourself?

Also, I think that allowing your body to fluxuate a small amount helps you to learn more about the way your body works in general, as well as about other "nutritional/fitness theories." You've lost all of that fat, but since you've gotten there, have you ever turned back at all just for the sake of learning what else your body can do?

I'm not at all trying to convince you to put on more fat for the winter, so don't take my comments as that. I know you will do what you want to do regardless of what anyone else says ;)

NJRipped said:
There really is no secret or trick to get to low levels of BF although most people want you to believe there is. A high protein/high carb diet will get you there. All your friend has to do is eat such a diet of QUALITY foods approx 500 calories below his maintenance levels.

Sounds easy enough but what makes it most difficult for most is not enjoying the foods they love AND not eating the quantity of foods they thought that they could. I should take a pic of my dinner consisting of 375 calories. The quantity of food would probably make most cry. Before my diet, I would eat about 5-7 times the amount I eat now and I wasn't even that fat.

Your friend can also do some cardio to speed up the process but needs to be aware of the main problem; that is the fact that most who do cardio tend to justify eating more and then lose the effects.
Ok, I know a little bit about how to put together a decent diet. So, this is what I set him up with to start back. He'll weight train 4 times a week(M, T, Th & F) with off days being Wed, Sat & Sun. He'll eat this over 6-7 meals.

Training Days
315 grams of Protein(Chicken Breast, Egg Whites, Whey Protein)
250 grams of Carbs(Oatmeal & Vegetables)
60 grams of Fat(Olive & Flax Oil included)

Off Days
315 grams of Protein
125 grams of Carbs
70-80 grams of Fat

Cardio(Incline Treadmill) will start out at 25 minutes post-workout M, T & Th. I recommended early morning cardio, but has no time due to work and will have him weight train in the morning after first meal. When he hits a sticking point in fatloss, I'll have him add another cardio session on one of his off days done in the morning with no food. Does this sound ok?

That looks good. Everyone is different as far as maintenance calories so if he consistently starts losing more than 4lbs a week AFTER the first two weeks then I would suggest he raise his caloric level 300-400 calories. Everyone can always do cardio in the morning (just get up 30 mins earlier and buy a piece of cardio equipment for home use). He can get an older Lifecycle dirt cheap.

Texas Ranger said:
Ok, I know a little bit about how to put together a decent diet. So, this is what I set him up with to start back. He'll weight train 4 times a week(M, T, Th & F) with off days being Wed, Sat & Sun. He'll eat this over 6-7 meals.

Training Days
315 grams of Protein(Chicken Breast, Egg Whites, Whey Protein)
250 grams of Carbs(Oatmeal & Vegetables)
60 grams of Fat(Olive & Flax Oil included)

Off Days
315 grams of Protein
125 grams of Carbs
70-80 grams of Fat

Cardio(Incline Treadmill) will start out at 25 minutes post-workout M, T & Th. I recommended early morning cardio, but has no time due to work and will have him weight train in the morning after first meal. When he hits a sticking point in fatloss, I'll have him add another cardio session on one of his off days done in the morning with no food. Does this sound ok?

NJRipped said:
Tell you what, if you're curious I'll send a new pic and a pic when I was 8-10% and you be the judge. I don't want everyone else to see me in my tubby state. :)

Ok, so after seeing the picture of you at 8-10%, I still feel the same way...

Personally , I like muscular men who are defined, yet smooth, like the pic of you at 8-10%. I think you look healthier and more appealing to me . However, it's really not me you're out to please - it's you.

I think a lot of times, people fail to take a step back and see how the world really sees them. In all honesty, nobody is going to even notice whether you're 3% or 8% bodyfat - except maybe your gf, and I'm guessing she probably won't care. I would say, stay at 3% if it makes you FEEL better... but in the winter, it obviously doesn't, which is why we're dicussing this in the first place.

If you know how to lose it, why fear gaining it for functional purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom