Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Here - Need help with diet

Bnewville10

Okay guys I am new to this site, been doing some reading and pretty much a lot of research.

I will give you my stats

6'1
225 lbs
I do not know my body fat percentage at all so I am going to post up a picture (as bad as it is)

My goal is to shred this fat been overweight since higschool and wanna fix it!!!

830 am:

1 scoop Gold Standard Natural 100% whey
1 banana
8-10 oz Silk Pure Almond unsweetened milk

10:30

1 kashi bar

1:00

10 oz of ground turkey with mushrooms and mustard
or
1 can tuna with some hot peppers and pickles chopped in it
or
1 chicken breast grilled

3-330:

1 kashi bar

7:30-8:00

1 gold standard natural 100% whey shake w/ water only

Come home and shower and eat around 9 pm

10 oz of ground turkey with mushrooms and mustard
or
1 can tuna with some hot peppers and pickles chopped in it
or
1 chicken breast grilled

My exercise routine

Sat - Wednesday
Weights and cardio - Just really started the cardio back up doing atleast a mile a night

I have not been doing the gym thing consistently for years. I've been on for 2-3 months then back off for a month or so. My diet was horrible before the beginning of the year and I am trying to get on it so I can lose the weight!!

Any info and advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Welcome to the site bro.

Ok,you need to calculate your BMR ,Harris benedict formula or similar.
This will help you calculate your maintenance calories...from there we can subtract 500 calories and put you in fat burning mode.
Split this up 50%,30%,20% protein,carbs,fat

Drop the almond milk and banana in meal 1.
I don't know what kashi bars are but forget about them..solid food supplemented with whey protein will get you there.
Drink your whey in water only.
Ground turkey,tuna and chicken are great..add green salad or green veg with them.

Work out those figures on the calories and post them up and we can fine tune this.

1 scoop whey
130 cal
1g fat
5g carb
3G sugar
24g protein

8oz almond milk
35 cal 25 fat
2.5g fat
1g carb
0g sugar
1g protein

1 can tuna
125 calories
2.5g fat
<2.5g carb
25g protein

Kashi - strawberry
110 cal
3G fat
21g carb
9g sugar
2g protein

This is what I calculated from
Labels. I didn't do the turkey or chicken cause I don't have em in front of me.

ok lets say your maintenace clas are 2200 just to even things up.
cutting cals can start at 1700.
close to the ratios i gave you lets try this...
protein - 50% of 1700 - 850 = 220g
carbs - 30%...................130g
fat - 20%......................40g

i would bump the protein to 300g ( 50g per meal )
and you can get your fats from mostly indirect sources and fish oil supps.
this is a rough guide to your daily meal plan...use fitday.com to fine tune this and also log your food intake there ( this will help you stick with your diet )

8.00am
meal
half cup oats
2 scoops whey

10.30am
meal 2
2 cans tuna,(pickles or whatever it is you add are fine)

1pm
meal 3
chicken breast
geen salad/veg

4pm
meal 4
2 scoops whey protein
apple

7pm
meal 5
ground turkey/chicken breast
green veggies

9.30pm
meal 6
1 cup of cottage cheese or 2 scoops casein protein in water.

i need to know what time you hit the gym at to get this a bit better.

are your training days saturday - monday-wednesday ?

do you eat eggs ? if you dont you should.

the nutrition stats you have posted on the almond milk and kashi bar tell me they are pure shite, get rid of them. if you dont - i will call over and stick the kashi bar up your ass and fuck the milk right in your face ! :)

Welcome to the site bro.

Ok,you need to calculate your BMR ,Harris benedict formula or similar.
This will help you calculate your maintenance calories...from there we can subtract 500 calories and put you in fat burning mode.
Split this up 50%,30%,20% protein,carbs,fat

Drop the almond milk and banana in meal 1.
I don't know what kashi bars are but forget about them..solid food supplemented with whey protein will get you there.
Drink your whey in water only.
Ground turkey,tuna and chicken are great..add green salad or green veg with them.

Work out those figures on the calories and post them up and we can fine tune this.

Thanks for the tips.

Work out is sat thru Wednesday my girl works fri and sat nights so I don't have time to hit before she goes and gotta take care of the kids.

I would say I go to gym at around 7-8 pm. Sunday's normally around 2-3 depending on what I got going on.

I do eat eggs. But just depends on when I make time to cook them up. Not like they are just real simple to boil an egg and crack it.

Work out is sat thru Wednesday my girl works fri and sat nights so I don't have time to hit before she goes and gotta take care of the kids.

I would say I go to gym at around 7-8 pm. Sunday's normally around 2-3 depending on what I got going on.

I do eat eggs. But just depends on when I make time to cook them up. Not like they are just real simple to boil an egg and crack it.

It kinda is that simple. Boil 10 eggs at a time and put them in the fridge. Bring 1-2-3 with you and crack them, eat them :)

Columbo gave you some awesome advice.

Top Bottom