Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Goal, new routine, NEED NEW DIET!! Help Please

RGS83

Hey guys, I'm going to toss on where i am, and where i want to be kind of thing... I'd love the opinions.

21yr old, 5'11, 158lbs (not a BIG guy at all). 1 More year of University, then hopefully joining the Police. I'm already bigger than some on the force but i want to be a bit bigger/stronger. (Physical to be a cop isn't old school anymore where you have to bench your weight plus 50 or anything :) )

So long as i do some cardio and keep working out, i'm sure my tiny gut will go.
I don't need or want to be HUGE, this is not my life, this is to better my life...
I would ideally like more strengh, and to pack on a bit of lean muscle mass (i don't know whats reasonable in what time?? )

But I don't know what to eat.. I understand the basics, but i'm not 100% on what to and not to eat.
I generally don't eat junk, but i'll have the odd beer, and pizza :D

Protien shakes (meal one, and a specific post workout one); eggs useally in the morn; lunch is whatever; supper is useally homemade but good; try to eat more protien and less sugary carbs...
Woudl you guys mid posting a bunch of different breakfastS, luncheS, dinnerS, and snackS given my goals of less fat, strengh and lean muscle mass.

Congrats on making the decision to get healthier and fit. I would say as long as you clean up your diet and your not starving yourself then some cardio and good ol' weight lifting should help you out. How bout you post up a sample day's diet and the great people on this site can help you and give you some tips and pointers to help you clean up your diet.

while you are working on that diet, here is some advice I give to people who don't know where to start:

1. Ditch processed carbs: This includes: White flour and sugar
2. Ditch Bad Fats: Trans fats and animal fats will do you no good
3. Ditch Alcohol (for some people, probably the most difficult thing to stop)
4. If you HAVE to have the foods listed in 1-2-3, NEVER have them together (like beer and pizza, or doughnut)
5. Train as hard as you can, given your possibilities
6. Do cardio at least 3 times/week for 45 mins (or as long as you can until you reach 45 min/session).
7. Eat more frequently (5-6 times day) not simply eat more.
8. Shoot for a gallon water/day.

Notice I am not going into any details of macronutrients, etc. For people who want to start out, their diets are soooooo fucked up that by doing this alone they will loose weight.

I tell this everytime somebody who has not seen me in 6 months or more come and ask for the Magic diet or pill I followed to loose all this weight...

Some of them followed and then get hooked and want more, some find even these simple steps too complicated.

In your case, I would say, you would probably need to examine your diet for cheats you do regularly and up your cardio.

Thanks guys!
I'm pretty good on 1,2,3 ... Rarely do i drink anymore, I don't eat pops, chips, choc, and things of that 'bad fat' nature.
I try to eat more brown bread as opposed to white kind of thing; and intake water!

I'm just not sure what to make often! Eggs for breakfast gets old.. I've Kellogg Cerel that's sorta heathly (Vector)... Lunch i'll have cold cut sandwhich, or chicken pot pie or something. Dinner is whatever is made... Burgers, Steak, chicken, Lasanga*, ect.
When I'm hungry i'll eat fruit, have a protien shake, or yougart and such...

what do your diets look like? Or what do you normally eat?

RGS83 said:
Thanks guys!
I'm pretty good on 1,2,3 ... Rarely do i drink anymore, I don't eat pops, chips, choc, and things of that 'bad fat' nature.
I try to eat more brown bread as opposed to white kind of thing; and intake water!

I'm just not sure what to make often! Eggs for breakfast gets old.. I've Kellogg Cerel that's sorta heathly (Vector)... Lunch i'll have cold cut sandwhich, or chicken pot pie or something. Dinner is whatever is made... Burgers, Steak, chicken, Lasanga*, ect.

This is my diet.

these times are estimates)
8:00
Brown Rice/Egg Whites
Protein Drink w/ Non Fat Milk.

10:00
Go Lean Crunch Cerial w/ non fat Milk

1:00
Smucker's Nautural Penut Butter W/O BREAD

3:00
Tuna in the Can(1 can) WITH BREAD

5:00
Smuckers Nautural Penut Butter(2 tbsp)

7:00
Shrimp boiled (2cups)
MY DINNER IS ALWAYS ROTATED BETWEEN CHICKEN/FISH/SHRIMP/MEAT

And if i eat later then this i will usually eat an apple.
Current Sups: EC/Green Tea/MultiVitamins/Fish and flax oils.

So this all comes down too

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1960
Fat: 49 443 24%
Sat: 10 90 5%
Poly: 4 32 2%
Mono: 1 11 1%
Carbs: 147 508 27%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 226 904 49%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

See if you could work around that, substitue my meals for meals you would like.

I also recomend buying some Fish/Flax oil, Green Tea, and mulivitamins.
Also, For the cereal, go with KUSHI-HEART TO HEART makers. They make some healthy ass cereals.

also, what i have learned is whey protein is instant digestion, REAL FOOD VS protein shakes are alot better.

Also, for men, the minimum is 1800 cals so try to eat that and little bit more, depending on your goals. Going below that causes your body to go into starvation mode and you will start loosing your muscle.

I personally try to keep my carbs morning time for energy.

Also, you need EFA's in your diet. EFA=Essential Fatty Acids.
Omega Family Source
Omega 3 Flax Seed, Leafy Greens, Walnuts, Cold Water Fish
Omega 5 Vegetable Oils (Soybean and Corn)

They play a big part in our immune, nerve, and cardiovascular functions. EFA’s are known as the “essential” fatty acids because our bodies do not make it and it is necessary to get them from the foods we eat. Most of the people who supplement EFA’s do so because so much of the good fat is often processed out of many of the foods we eat. EFA’s can play a huge part is so many of our bodies needs. When our bodies are supplied with enough EFA we may see:
• A better recovery time in muscle growth
• An increase in muscle tissue
• A decrease in muscle breakdown
• A boost in immune function
• A reduced risk of diabetes
• Healthier joints and connective tissue.

My major source for EFa is my ALL Natural Penut Butter. My problem when i started dieting was i was eating too LOW of EFA fats. I was eating 6 times a day and couldnt hit 2000 cals with large meals. With the introduction of these good fats hitting 2000 cals is easier considering fats are so calorie densed. My two All natural penut butter meals are 210 cals each, and they are only 2 tbsp.

Remember only EFA fats are good dont go out and eat anytype of food with high fat or else your going to become a whale.

Remmeber Calories are your friends and so are carbs, as long as they are maintence. Keep count of your calories, and if you are burning more calories then you intake(still try to consume over 1800 cals) then you will be on your way to loosing BF% and not muscle. So i hope that all helps!
goodluck!
And if you need anything pm me. I was helped alot on this board so my gratitude has to be repaid!

ALSO, www.fitday.com is a good food log. If you dont know the nutrional value of foods and want to keep a STRICT count on cals i highly recomend this site. You can build your complete diet around this and it will even let you know your goals, activities, etc. Just check it out, its FREE.

Last edited:
RGS83 said:
Thanks guys!

check it out: this is my current one:

http://cts.ccfiles.de/Pintoca_CTSApr05_Diet_v1.0.jpg

Pintoca

Hey pintoca brutha....I notice your last meal is malto/dextro and whey. This is a post-workout meal? You dont feel any negative effects ingesting sugars close to bed, even PW?

Also...I assume this is a cutting diet...looks good bro.

landser said:
Hey pintoca brutha....I notice your last meal is malto/dextro and whey. This is a post-workout meal? You dont feel any negative effects ingesting sugars close to bed, even PW?

Also...I assume this is a cutting diet...looks good bro.

Yup, on lifting days, my last meal is basically my shake (at least on paper)... what I end up doing, is right before bed I have a spoonfull of PB and some turkey ham or something... (I skip 1 tbsp of flax if I do this)

It really depends on the mood, somedays I eat something, somedays I don't.

In all honesty I have not seen any difference, with me, what makes the MOST difference when cutting is cardio.

Top Bottom