Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to forum - Diet advice needed

HighwayGuy

Needing some advice on which way to take my diet and meals. I’m 6’4, 255 at roughly 25% BF. Started at 311 last winter and starved myself down to 250 for my wedding last summer. Slowly gained weight until January then this year decided to try and get down to 210. Since March I’ve been tracking all of my foods and been very committed to working out 5 days a week. Most weeks I work out 6 days (push/pull full body split) but sometimes life gets in the way. Until the end of June I kept myself to a 2,000 calorie limit. I reached 250lbs and hit a plateau. Since then I’ve tried to slowly up my calories and I’m finishing my first week of eating 2660 calories, up from 2400. My weight as of this morning was 255. I feel stronger and have better workouts with more food but I’m afraid of getting over 260 again. I’m currently eating (roughly) 260 grams of protein, 260 grams of carbs and 55 grams of fat. My Apple Watch shows that I maintain a TDE of 3900-4100 on days I lift, and off days I burn around 3300. My question is, has my body stopped losing weight because I’ve been in such a deficit for so long and o jacked up my metabolism? Or should I say screw it and go below 1700 calories to try and break the plateau? Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needing some advice on which way to take my diet and meals. I’m 6’4, 255 at roughly 25% BF. Started at 311 last winter and starved myself down to 250 for my wedding last summer. Slowly gained weight until January then this year decided to try and get down to 210. Since March I’ve been tracking all of my foods and been very committed to working out 5 days a week. Most weeks I work out 6 days (push/pull full body split) but sometimes life gets in the way. Until the end of June I kept myself to a 2,000 calorie limit. I reached 250lbs and hit a plateau. Since then I’ve tried to slowly up my calories and I’m finishing my first week of eating 2660 calories, up from 2400. My weight as of this morning was 255. I feel stronger and have better workouts with more food but I’m afraid of getting over 260 again. I’m currently eating (roughly) 260 grams of protein, 260 grams of carbs and 55 grams of fat. My Apple Watch shows that I maintain a TDE of 3900-4100 on days I lift, and off days I burn around 3300. My question is, has my body stopped losing weight because I’ve been in such a deficit for so long and o jacked up my metabolism? Or should I say screw it and go below 1700 calories to try and break the plateau? Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to elitefitness hommie

it's good you track calories but its not all about calories
my suggestion is you try to go too low with calories your body will actually gain bodyfat it's strange but its like that

what you should do is do fasting, like high calorie days by fasting days and eat in intermittent fasting like 16 hours fast 8 hour refeed time

Welcome to elitefitness hommie

it's good you track calories but its not all about calories
my suggestion is you try to go too low with calories your body will actually gain bodyfat it's strange but its like that

what you should do is do fasting, like high calorie days by fasting days and eat in intermittent fasting like 16 hours fast 8 hour refeed time

I’ve tried fasting before and even tried to cut down to a 20/4 eating window and couldn’t ever get past the shakes. I think it’s hypoglycemic like shakes. Really not sure, and maybe I didn’t stick to it long enough. Who knows. Worth a shot again. Do you still try to hit a calorie goal in the window?

bro sound like you eatin too much

Every calculator I’ve used tells me my maintenance is around 3000-3300 depending on which one I use. I’m pretty disciplined and motivated to lose weight, my “cheat” meals are typically Saturday afternoon. I usually want something fried (chicken or shrimp) and I end up having a few beers. With my current diet I haven’t really felt the need to go crazy. If I eat something cheap like sugary cereal or chips for quick carbs because I didn’t have time to prep I can feel it affecting me in my workouts and I hate feeling like I’m wasting a workout. So I tend to translate that into my cheat days. Don’t go crazy because I know I’ll pay for it

bro sound like you eatin too much

Yep. Live doesn't seem to be getting in the way of the fork.

It's real simple. You're dieting - then going right back to the bad habits

Consider carb free diet, eat just protein, veggies, good fat, plus intermittent fasting, start 8 hours of feeding, 16 hours only water; 2 weeks later go to 6 hours of feeding, 18 hours water; 4 weeks later try 4 hours of feeding, 20 hours water

Yep. Live doesn't seem to be getting in the way of the fork.

It's real simple. You're dieting - then going right back to the bad habits

Well I typically stay in at least a 1,000 calorie deficit, most days 1400 if my Apple Watch is roughly within 100 calories of my true total daily expenditure. I wouldn’t come looking for advice to lie to strangers on the internet for no reason. I’m not even interested in steroids so I have no other reason to be on this site. My cheat meals aren’t wild by any means. Pretty boring usually. Just curious if anyone has experience with being in a deficit too long, and if that’s applicable to my situation and maybe causing the plateau in weight loss.

Top Bottom