Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to eating red meat....help me out?!

Top sirloin is a good lean cut and it's about midrange as far as price goes. 93% lean hamburger meat is another good choice. Top round is another lean cut if I'm not mistaken. However you can always tell how lean red meat is by looking at it. Always cut off visible fat as well and grill it versus frying it.

round is indeed lean. So are tenderloin (in pork as well as beef) and flank steak (also known as skirt steak). Tenderloin is pricey, though and can be tricky to cook (gets tough quickly) because there's not much fat in it. Unless you're an experienced cook, I wouldn't start out cooking tenderloin. Nice to order in a restaurant, though. This cut is often served as "medallions."

Top Round (london broil), is one of the leanest and cheapest cuts of beef. It's sort of tough if it isn't cooked right, but you can't beat the price, so I usually get it anyway.

Those are good reccomendations. Basically look for the word Round or Sirloin when choosing beef. They are your leanest cuts

I really like eye round and top round along w/ sirloin and pork tenderloin.

Haz said:
Top Round (london broil), is one of the leanest and cheapest cuts of beef. It's sort of tough if it isn't cooked right, but you can't beat the price, so I usually get it anyway.

Yup. LB is lifter's heaven, lean and cheap, just like CrumCake. But you have to make sure you cook it right or it will taste like shoe leather. :)

I have many packages of hamburger labeled ground round. What % lean would this be? How many calories/lb?

thabks

Top Bottom