Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New and Clueless - Diet Query

liabella

Well kinda :)

Hi all, I am new to posting on this forum, my name is Lia, thanks for all of the informative threads I have read so far!

I have just purchased the Ebook that everyone has been suggesting (Burn the fat..) and look forward to reading that.

I am 31, two kids, last one was 11 pounds, and am not obese, but am overweight and looking to change that.

(5'9", 72 kg)

I recently bought a home gym and a treadmill, and am currently doing half an hour of cardio, and around 20 mins of weights a day.

My question is... I've been on diets and weight loss ideas for so long, that I dont really know how much I need to eat to get where I'm headed...

My current meal plan is:

Meal 1:1/3 cup of oats in the morning with 1 cup skim milk, cinnamon and splenda

Meal 2: Protein Shake or tuna with rice crackers

Meal 3: Chicken breast grilled with vegetables

Meal 4: Protein shake with skim milk

Meal 5: Some kind of protein with vegetables

If I snack on anything after training its usually nuts..

what I do not know... is that after being on a 'diet' for so long, it seems like lots of intake and I dont know if I am doing enough work to justify that?

I have a very distorted view of howmuch should be going in and out right now.

Any help appreciated!!

TIA

Lia

liabella said:
Well kinda :)

Hi all, I am new to posting on this forum, my name is Lia, thanks for all of the informative threads I have read so far!

I have just purchased the Ebook that everyone has been suggesting (Burn the fat..) and look forward to reading that.

I am 31, two kids, last one was 11 pounds, and am not obese, but am overweight and looking to change that.

(5'9", 72 kg)

I recently bought a home gym and a treadmill, and am currently doing half an hour of cardio, and around 20 mins of weights a day.

My question is... I've been on diets and weight loss ideas for so long, that I dont really know how much I need to eat to get where I'm headed...

My current meal plan is:

Meal 1:1/3 cup of oats in the morning with 1 cup skim milk, cinnamon and splenda Add some protein to this meal, eggs or whey protein in oats is yummy

Meal 2: Protein Shake or tuna with rice crackers By rice crackers do you mean the japanese ones?

Meal 3: Chicken breast grilled with vegetables Add in some carbs like sweet potatoe, brown rice, rye bread
Meal 4: Protein shake with skim milk

Meal 5: Some kind of protein with vegetables I never consider a protein shake to be a meal, the only time this is good is post workout

If I snack on anything after training its usually nuts.. Not the best for post workout, rice crackers, if you have to have them, and protein shake post workout, so a simple carb and protein

what I do not know... is that after being on a 'diet' for so long, it seems like lots of intake and I dont know if I am doing enough work to justify that?

I have a very distorted view of howmuch should be going in and out right now.

Any help appreciated!!

TIA

Lia

Hi and welcome

Most women have this funny thought that dieting means not eating much, which is one of the worst things you can do to your body.

I am not sure how I escaped that, but I have never done one of those silly women's diets.

There is also a women's section that has more info specifically related to women, and more women post there with advice

Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle is just awesome, it explains so many of the common misconceptions and how to work out a great eating plan for yourself.

Weight training is far more important in getting a lean shapely body :)

Top Bottom