Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

never did HIIT cardio, how do you guys do it?

how long?
what machines do you use?
how long are your intervals?
etc...

no machines, track. sprint the straightaways, walk or jog the corners. if this is too much, then sprint like 50 meters of each straightaway and jog/walk the rest.

Basically you can do HIIT on any cardio machines. HIIT is intervals, when i would do my intervals on a treadmill (not the best) i would do:

1 Minute Walk (Canadian Speed - 5.0)
30second Sprint - (Canadian Speed - 15.6)
1 Minute Walk

----Then i would switch up my sprint times, maybe do 45 seconds another time, or stay at 30 seconds ----

Just make sure, if you are doing it on a machine, such as the elliptical or treadmill, you want a minute rest (or less) and you want to go your max effort and speed for 30 seconds.

Basically a rule of thumb is, on your max effort if you can do more then 45seconds-1minute at that speed its not your max. You want to go ALL out and by the end of the 30seconds not be able to do anymore at that speed.

So its great when its cold to do it inside, however treadmills are restrictive to your max. So HIIT outside is the best. Maybe go by your street lights, from one post to the next sprint. Then for 2 posts walk, then sprint max to the next one, on and off.

Be creative =D Its all about the intervals and going all out on the sprint interval.

Hopefully that helps.

I do mine either on a bike or the treadmill, start off with intervals of sprinting for 15 seconds then jog for 30 then up it to 30 and 30. I hate cardio so i only do it for 20-25 minutes. The main thing with HIIT is to get your heart rate up.

I do Elliptical. I switch up different machines for the different way they work

Some days I do 1 minute all out and 2 minutes rest
Other days I do 30 seconds all out 90 seconds rest.

By the time I hit the 20 min mark I am about to drop!

you will know if you're doing it right because you will feel like you're being chased by a rottweiler with a steak dangling between your legs

I do the tread or elliptical though I have done sprints outside on the street. That makes the neighbors look for sure. LOL. I do 30 sec sprints one minute rests.

Top Bottom