Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Never competed, need help

bgbay

Hi
I'm 6'1, 187lbs, 15-16% bf

I am planning on trying to compete for the first time but just found out that according to new rules in order to compete in the big show in april ,have to place top 5 in a Novice show 16 weeks from now.

Is it possible I can lean up/cut enough to reach this goal?

Is there anyone here who designs diets/workout plans for $?

I really want to try it but don't know where to start, PM me or post on here.

The only thing is I don't eat chicken or meat, just fish...to make things more complicated lol

Yes, you could cut enough in time to make the show, but it sounds like you ,ay need to wait a bit before stepping on stage. There are plenty of prep coaches out there that you can pay to set up a diet for you are tweak things along the way. The thing is, that if your stats are close to what you posted, you really need a better base to be able to compete very well. At 6'1" 187 lbs and 15% bodyfat, you will have a very hard time competing by the time you cut down to contest weight. Realistically, you are going to have to lose 10%+ bodyfat, which would put you somewhere around the middle 160s on weight for stage condition. That is the middle of the middleweight class, and you will be up against guys that will be a lot shorter than you, and probably closer to the top end of the weight class and carrying a lot more muscle. To be competitive you really need to be at least in the light heavies with your height (just my opinion) but ideally you should be a heavyweight on stage really.

Just for reference, I am at a point right now where I barely fit into the middleweights after cutting down and will end up around 176 on stage, and I'm 5'9". At my height, I can do alright in Novice middleweights, but if I want to go into an open class and be very competitive I need to be in the light heavies myself. That's my goal in the next 12-18 months.

I would take the next year or two and add as much mass as you can, and work on getting your bodyfat down, and learning bodybuilding nutrition more before jumping the gun and getting on stage.

Just my .02

100% agree with Rick. If you drop down enough.. you will be 6'1 160 pounds. Doesn't matter how ripped you are, you will appear skinny. And you would be going against guys that are much shorter than you. 5'8 160 is a lot bigger than 6'1 160. I would cut down a bit first, get down to around single digit body fat. And then start bulking. At your height, you need to put on a good deal of weight before you can seriously compete.

Agree completely.... Even for physique, at your height adding ten pounds of muscle would be the absolute minimum. Lean down some. Maybe to 10 or even 12 percent bf. then maintain that level of bf while you add muscle. Get your diet straight because that's just as important as training

Thats cool.. I know nothing about competitive bodybuilding, but thay makes total sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Competitions aewnt something to be taken lightly.. im considering doing one in 11months and ive already started prepping..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom