Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help tweeking my diet

watevrpal

Here is my issue 2 weeks ago I decided to clean up my diet and concentrate on losing body aft.I cut all soft drinks, liquor, sweet tea out of my diet and only drink water. I also have cleaned up my diet by cutting out burgers, fries and the like from my diet concentrating on a high protein diet with minimal carbs. My diet looks something like this I start off my morning with a protein shake 3 hours later I eat lunch which usually consists of a salad and some kind of meat then 3 hours later I drink another protein shake then 3 hours later I eat dinner which looks like lunch then 3 hours later I eat 2 chicken breast then a protein shake 3 hours after that. The problem is I have gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks. My workout and stats are below

My stats
I am 42 6 foot 3 I weigh 240 which is around 20% BF

I haven't worked out in a year due to work and a slight injury

My workout is below

Mon-
chest 5x5
Shoulder press 5x10
Triceps
Tue-
Squats 5x5
Barbell row 5x5
Biceps

Wed I repeat Mondays workout except I ramp the weight and do 5x8
Thursday I repeat tue
Fri I repeat Mondays

I also run 2 to 3 miles mom through Friday to burn calories

What do I need to fix to lose the body fat ? Thanks brothers

Here is my issue 2 weeks ago I decided to clean up my diet and concentrate on losing body aft.I cut all soft drinks, liquor, sweet tea out of my diet and only drink water. I also have cleaned up my diet by cutting out burgers, fries and the like from my diet concentrating on a high protein diet with minimal carbs. My diet looks something like this I start off my morning with a protein shake 3 hours later I eat lunch which usually consists of a salad and some kind of meat then 3 hours later I drink another protein shake then 3 hours later I eat dinner which looks like lunch then 3 hours later I eat 2 chicken breast then a protein shake 3 hours after that. The problem is I have gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks. My workout and stats are below

My stats
I am 42 6 foot 3 I weigh 240 which is around 20% BF

I haven't worked out in a year due to work and a slight injury

My workout is below

Mon-
chest 5x5
Shoulder press 5x10
Triceps
Tue-
Squats 5x5
Barbell row 5x5
Biceps

Wed I repeat Mondays workout except I ramp the weight and do 5x8
Thursday I repeat tue
Fri I repeat Mondays

I also run 2 to 3 miles mom through Friday to burn calories

What do I need to fix to lose the body fat ? Thanks brothers
You need to get an account with something like FitDay or Calorie King and start logging your calories and macros. Just because you've cleaned up your diet doesn't mean you don't have to count calories. You should learn what macros are, how to track them, and what calories you need to consume to cut.

There are stickies at the top of the forum that explain all of this clearly. Please take advantage of this very valuable information.

Just a heads up, losing weight after 40, no matter what gender you are, isn't like when you were a kid. You can't just cut the soda and junk and get more exercise and the weight falls off. You're going to have to count calories, log things and measure things.

And you can have quite a bit of water weight gain when you get back into a weight training routine, but if you're not logging what you eat you don't know what's going on.

Thanks bro I'll get those macros and start counting calories. I also plan on trying intermittent fasting. Thanks again

Thanks bro I'll get those macros and start counting calories. I also plan on trying intermittent fasting. Thanks again

IF is just an eating style that may or may not fit your schedule. Focus on what really matters:

Find your maintenance calories and eat around 500 cals less than that to lose 1 pound per week. If you aren't losing then your maintenance is actually lower than you thought so you'll need to lower few hundred calories.

Aim for 1g of protein per LB of BW, 0.45g of fat per LB of BW, and fill the rest with a mixture of carbs, more fats and or more protein of your liking. Remember that Carbs are not the enemy, and unless you're following a ketogenic type of diet carbs will be extremely relevant for your performance and energy level.

Learn to mix between nutritious food and less nutritious food for health purpose. And understand that some of the most hated fast foods are very nutritious and some of the most loved clean food are no better than junk foods. Either ways, it is your total calorie count that matters the most.

Top Bottom