Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some diet help ... EEP!

soop

Ok, well here's the situation ... I keep dropping weight ... I Need some help in regards to gaining muscle mass and I am at a complete loss not that I dont have the information ... I just dont know how to distinguish the right from the wrong. Some tell you high carb, some tell you high protien, some tell you high of both.

I hit the gym 3 - 4 times a week, with 15 - 20 minutes of cardio followed with 45 - 1hr of circuit/weight training, and then 20 minutes of swimming.

Heres my typical day of eating:

Breakfast

Whey Gourmet Protien Shake
2 Whole wheat waffles with peanut butter
1 Non Fat Yogurt

Lunch:

Michelenas Lifestyle entree (about 300calories 6 grams of fat)
Protien Shake
Non Fat Yogurt
Banana

Snack:

Trail Mix
And Protien Bar

Dinner:

Garden Salad with low fat dressing
Protien Shake
Yogurt

Any Ideas or suggestions

If you trying to gain muscle then carbs are very important. If your going to try and gain some muscle mass then cut down on the cardio, you dont want to burn up precious nutrients that are needed to build new muscle tissue.

Basically to gain muscle you need to make sure calories in are greater than calories out. Find your maint. calories and then slowly add 200-300 calories to that a week until you like the way you look. Fat gain WILL happen but if its starts to get to out of hand (looks like your quit gaining muscle and just putting fat on) then lower calories back down.

When lifiting focus on basic compound movements, if you dont already take up heavy squatting, you would be suprised how much muscle a good squat routine can put on you (start slow if your just starting).

Keep protein at 1g/pound and focus on getting complex carbs in every meal except after your workouts where you would want to get a quick digesting protein and some sort of simple carb.

Top Bottom