Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some Advice/Help

cord_uroy

Hey Guys,
Little back story, I'm a 27 year old male, pretty out of shape. I used to be a varsity football player in high-school, as well as wrestler also track & field. So I am accustomed to hard work and weight lifting.

It all went downhill after having my first child, stopped working out, eating unhealthy. I lost my lean figure and got pretty chubby.

fast forward 6 years, I've recently separated from my son's mother, and taking a hard look in the mirror I am disgusted... I recently had shoulder surgery 2 months ago, and now I'm going back to work. So I'm hoping with a good diet and exercise this helps.

Good news is, I'm an Order Selector in a warehouse. My job is VERY physically active and intense. picking up over 1100 cases a night varying between 30-80 pounds. My job also has a gym.

Bad news is, I go to work at 6:30pm and get out at about 3-4am.

What I'm looking for?

I've already cut down my eating for a few weeks, not a diet persay, just changed the portions and working on not over eating. I've already lost weight doing this. Now, since I'm going back to work, I'm getting serious.

I prepped a weekly meal consisting of

1 boiled chicken breast / Tuna and mixed veggies for Lunch/Dinner

What I need is a shake solution to drink mid-way through my work session, as well as for when I wake up and after my job (I jog a mile when I wake up) Not sure if I should drink a shake after I hit the gym after work.

I need detailed instruction, what to buy, where to buy (prefer GNC, or Target), Portions amounts, how to prepare etc.

I would really appreciate any input and help! I'm looking forward in gaining my confidence back.

What you want to do is figure out your total calories you need to eat in a day to maintain your weight and then subtract 500. That will put you in a deficit so you can lose weight. Definitely track what you eat every day so you make sure you don't go over. As for adding in a shake......just do it when you need it. If you aren't able to get enough protein in that day then add a shake. I would go with a pure whey isolate. I recommend ordering directly from www.needtobuildmuscle.com

It is a top quality protein and very affordable. After that, you can add anything you want to it. I know I will add things like natural almond butter, oatmeal, fresh or frozen fruit, kale, spinach.

The main thing is that you stay under your calories. Be careful with the shakes because it is easy to add too many calories.

we actually had a podcast with a guy in your situation.. formerly athletic, started a family and stressful career.. got out of shape quickly

the good news is you can reverse this but it will take patience and time

need to start exercising daily and eating way better. time to clean out your kitchen and get rid of everything and start from scratch with healthy food

Protein shakes are just a supplement that is meant to fill in the gaps in your diet, so you need to figure out your diet, and see if there is even the need to add a protein shake. And regarding its use, take them when you need to fill the lack of protein in your diet.

As for the product, I would recommend looking for a protein product made only with whey isolate, which is the purest form of whey protein that has no lactose in it. Most manufacturers will use whey concentrate, which does have lactose in it, and it is not good. Also, make sure that the protein product has no sweetners or other additives in it. The above mentioned brand has the Isolation, which is made purely with whey isolate without any unnecessary additives. The Colombian Espresso flavor is amazing.

@masonicbodybuilder gave you some great advice.

It basically works like this -
body weight = calories consumed - calories burned

In order to loose body weight (and body fat) you need to consume less calories then you burn each day.

Check out this video I made on how to calculate your calorie, protein, fat and carb intake based on your goals -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18. If your goal is to loose weigh, multiply your body weight by 12-13.
For example, a 200 pound person would need 3000 calories to maintain his weight (200 x 15 = 3000).

Once you have determined your calorie needs. Set your protein intake. A good number to shoot for is:
1-1.5 grams of protein/pound of body weight for natural athletes
1.5-2grams of protein/pound of body weight for enhance athletes

Once you have set your protein intake, fill the rest of your calorie intake with carbohydrates and fat.

Top Bottom