Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help on Current Diet/Routine.

Rabid_Goose

Hi, I've been trolling around and reading over lots of post in this forum and quite a bit has helped me. Learning the things I've been doing wrong in my diet and changed some things, such as eating simple carbs instead of complex, and doing certain things wrong in my weight lifting routine.

About 6 weeks ago I decided it was time to start Lifting and Eating better, I had started my current job at 245, I weighted 255. From all the fast food I had eaten I gained around 10 pounds in a years time from all the fast food, LOTS of fast food. I'm around 5'8", maybe smaller or taller, pending on the day ya see me. I started lifting with a Team Leader at work after we had bumped into each other when I was on my way to swim. Ever since I had started swimming/lifting I have now hit 230 since then, I had to stop swimming due to the gyms pool schedule but I was up to half a mile a day in just taking one stop half way between laps.

Okay, so here is what I do with my friend from work routine wise. I know this is wrong, the whole thing, over working muscles and everything. But it's the only thing I know right now.

M-W-F is Chest, all chest. Four sets at BB Bench Press, I start with 150 x 5, 160 x 4, 170 x 3,and then 180 x 2. Then it is on to decline, same set up except I start with 10 pounds more on the first set and end 10 pounds higher. After that it is onto Butter flys, machine ones, 100 x 8, just three sets.

T-R is Back, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I start with Concentration Curls, 30 x 8, 35 x 8, 40 x 6. But, right after each set I do Rotary Cuff Shoullders, that is the only name on the machine. 50 x 8, 60 x 8, 70 x 8. So after those two we switch to Shrugs, they have a bar you get in the middle of and squat down and lift, and the other is kind of like Rowing but you lay down, chest flat, grip handles and lift towards your chest and lower to the floor. No name on the machine. Shrugs we do 200 x 15, 205 x 15, 210 x 10. The Rowing Thing is 70 x 8, 80 x 8 and 90 x 8. I hurt something a few weeks back so we had to tone that done, but I was doing 105 at the end of the sets, we will be getting back to that. Then off to shoulders again where we sit down with Dumbells and against the back of the seat and do 50 x 8 three sets. And then we are off to triceps where we press down on this machine that also builds forearm, no idea on the weight because the chart was peeled off.

All 5 days of the work out we do some type of ab work out, use to be Crunch Machine but now we sit on a flat surface, grab the back of it and bring our knees to our chest. God, I wish I knew the names of these things.

Now for my diet, I work second shift. Typically my dog wakes me up at 12:30pm or 1pm. I wake up and eat a cup of Kashi Cereal, walk him around and then at 2:45 I am off to the gym. As soon as I come back at 4pm I have a whole wheat bread with 3 Grilled Chicken tenders on at and at 4:45pm before I leave I have a Whole Wheat English Muffin with a bit of Spray Butter and Grape Jelly. Now it's time to work, 32ounces of water before first break at 7:15pm and then I eat a Kashi Chewwie. Now before lunch I drink another 32 ounce water and then fill it up and take my meal out to my car. There I eat two sandwhiches with some type of thin sliced turkey, whole wheat bread once again and drink as much of the water as I can. Hit the floor again and it is another 32 ounce water and at 2nd break I have a small Dannin Yogurt, and typically I just sip on my water till I'm off of work. Then repeat. I plan on starting to eat Brown Rice and Chicken for lunch next week. I can tell eating the different food with complex carbs as raised my Energy Levels insanley high.

I build car seats as a living, and it can get intense. Some stations I can get my heart rate to 140 and maintain it for a good 40 minutes. And others it's really hard to get your heart rate up because of certain processes or computer checked and they restrain your movements. Anywho, I can get some good movement at work plus the nights we play ball after work when it is warm and dry for 2-3 hours.

I want to get to 180, I don't plan on going below that. I'm taking Red Line Energy pills and then I have Yellow Swarm Ephedra Forumla after I get done with those for energy. I defintly want to start doing squats, no where in the place to do dead lifting, and more legs. I used to leg press 515, today I tried it and managed 270 8 times. Depressed me enough to finally write this up and get help. I will only get so far on my own and will take forever to get there. I found this place and see tons of good advice and help for people. I need to bring in my legs to my workout majorly. I'm not wanting strength gains, just to maintain them while I shed this damned fat I've gained. I have the will and I have the mind set, I just need the plans. I hit the gym hard every day. And yes I have time to bring in cardio, I have an exercise bike, so in the mornings, from what I read here, I'm going to ride that before I eat my bowl of cereal.

Any help is appreciated. I'll worry about strength gains when I hit 200. I hit 230 last week and it made me think I really can do it. I used to lift a long time ago in high school, well not to long ago. I'm 22 and have let my body rot.

Current stats 22male, 230 pounds, 5'8". Time and Dedication in abundance.

diet is key..

eat 5-7 times a day, include healthy fats and natural foods

post a detailed diet with numbers so you can be helped.

I do eat 5-7 times a day. Accordinig to everything I add up, I'm eating at just 1400 calories a day, and that is being over the top. I eat whole grain bread, 3 sandwhiches. One will have ham on it and other two may have smart choice fake-meat on it which is just 70 calories a serving. I'm getting my daily amount of fiber and my carb count is way high, but it is all complex. I can tell, like I said before, the difference from now and and back when I ate fast food. My levels are insanely high and get better everyday.

Wake up, my breakfast is just 240 calories. Milk and a cup of Kashi Cereal then it is walking the dog. I goto the gym, come home have a whole wheat english muffin which soon will be a grilled chicken sandwhich. Then an almost an hour after that I have like a macroni cheese dinner, very low in fat, or this is my first ham sandwhich with whole grain. Break it is a Kashi Cereal bar and then at lunch it is the Pulled Fake-Pork BBQ stuff, just 210 a sandwhich and I have two of them. Gives me a nice amount of carbs and then I don't eat at second break anymore because I run fine without it. So breakfast is 240, around 350 for the stuff I eat after the gym and before work. Then around 200 for the Kashi cereal bar thing and 500 for the BBQ stuff. I may even be eating lower calories then that and I still feel I am eating too much. I am, more then likley, getting daily carb value along with my fiber. I had three bad days last week, wifes birthday so she got what she wanted, now it is back on the diet I go.

Should I post my Carbs and stuff? I don't want to build muscle, just work them as hard as I can, going to try and eat so much chicken a day with brown rice that I will be mass making on sunday for all week, may increase my calories. I'll say 1400 at most is what I get a day which I still feel bad for even eating that because of what I'm doing.

Anyone able to help me with a routine?

Caloires are WAY to low...eating that many calories will result in your body entering starvation mode, and also losing a lot of muscle mass. I would recommend at LEAST 2400 cals a day for you, at the very very least

here you go my friend. this is what you need right here. start tracking everything you eat, i mean everything!! track how long you work out for. track how much you weigh daily. keep track of it all on this program and you will be amazed. you can plan your meals ahead of time because you'll know right where you are with your macro's. if you need to adjust more fat or less carbs you'll be able to know it. makes it really easy. if you are eating the samething most of the time, enter it in, it becomes easier after a few months because we really eat the same foods over and over. you've already entered in the amounts for each. then you weigh your foods and viola!!

it takes time and dedication to see results but when you do, like you have, it makes you want it more.

http://www.fitday.com/

hope this helps. post up results. k for the effort you've put forward already.

gettinripped.....thanks for the site....i have been reading a bunch on this site and i think that it is great, but this is the first time that i have seen fitday site listed and i think that is what i need to help me get a handle on my lifting .....so thanks

Well, that site will defintly help, thanks a ton. I'm going to save my boxes of food I eat next two weeks then type them all in since that will get the majority of stuff I eat. I'm picking up lots of chicken right after I work out for protien, too.

But can anyone help me with a routine or talk to me and see what I'm doing wrong and need to change.

A small update. I'm now down to 224 and picking up extra pork/chicken right after I work out as a meal. Six weeks ago I was barley pressing up 150 on bench as my max, now after I do a full 4 set work out I can max 210. My car is in the shop so this week may be weird for lifting weights but once I Get my car out of the Transmission shop I'm doing cardio before lifting. Till then I'm riding this stupid exercise bike when I get up then walk the dog if it isn't raining.

r_g -- if you check the women's board, almost every one of us who have a current or past journal going have relied on fitday.com to track cals & macro split. Its priceless in understanding what you are consuming and then making adjustments.

Sounds like you've dropped soem weight on the very low cal thing -- if you've upped, even better. IF you are still very low, though, you will eventually stall out and you may be sacrificing muscle w/ the "weight" (as weight = bodyfat + lean muscle mass + skeleton + water + some mall other stuff). If you want to really increase your strength, you will benefit greatly from jackign up your cals (more protein to build muscle, more carbs to fuel the building) . But you will also see an increase in bodyfat - very hard to build & cut at the same time.

Where is your diet now w/ the progress you've made?

Top Bottom