Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help in choosing the right protein shake, Recomendations Please

Georgia Irish

I first started out trying to lose weight and I have one more diet phase I am going to go thru. I know I am going to have to start supplementing my regular protein with a protein supplement like a shake. I have been hitting the weights hard for eight months now and I want to keep that muscle but burn the last twenty pounds without burning muscle I earned up. So what shakes or brands do you recomend. I do like the Chocolate flavor but which brands would be best. Thanks

Georgia Irish said:
I first started out trying to lose weight and I have one more diet phase I am going to go thru. I know I am going to have to start supplementing my regular protein with a protein supplement like a shake. I have been hitting the weights hard for eight months now and I want to keep that muscle but burn the last twenty pounds without burning muscle I earned up. So what shakes or brands do you recomend. I do like the Chocolate flavor but which brands would be best. Thanks

Chocolate is the hardest flavor to find that actually taste good. You have a better chance of finding a good strawberry or vanilla shake.

I use Isopure Zero Carbs: Strawberry and Cream, it taste pretty good and mixes real easy. It has 50grams of protein and 0 carbs.

Hope this helps.
M56M

If you're still looking to lose fat, you'll probably want to go for the lower carb shakes and stay away from the meal replacement type shakes.

I'd go with the Designer Protein or Myoplex (EAS), both come in hi and lo-carb products. I take something called "Lean Mass". It's an Extreme Labs product. I doubt it's got the availability/distribution that the EAS or Designer has, but I use it because it's got 45 gr protien, 4gr carbs, 200 cals, glutamine and other aminos, and it tastes good. Oh, and it's a lot cheaper than the bigger names.

I have always used the low-carb/high protein shakes and almost without exception, the chocolate ones suck! I only get vanilla or strawberry.

if you cannot find a chocolate protein that tastes good, adding a little cocoa...not cocoa mix or hot chocolate mix, just plain cocoa (Hershey's)... makes a pretty good choc shake- 1t = no sugar, no fat, only 1 carb. It's concentrated, so just a pinch will do it. :)

chocolate

I like the chocolate Nitrotech protien shakes... It is also a general consensus among many I have talked to... Adding chocolate flavor (sugar) to vanilla powder won't let you loose that weight all that easy, so I don't suggest that....

I have also heard many enjoy (as I do as well-but not as much as the Nitrotech) the ProComplex protien shakes...

Give it a try...

Dieslgrl

Find a protein powder that is low in fat. Try adding water instead of milk when you mix it together. If you dont like it with water, then add a little milk to make it a little creamier. Still keeps the saturated fat content to a minimum. Optimum Nutritions powder has 1g of sat. fat per serving, Labrada's V60 has 1.5g per serving. Not sure on any other brand. I use labrada because it taste VERY good....even with just plain water, and it mixes up well. Hope this helps.:D

Top Bottom