Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help on the best carb/ protein /fat ratio for bulking

KingszJeik

I'm not an expert on body building nutrition so I would like some advice for a 30 year old man looking to gain about 30 lbs on how to manage my
carb/ protein/ fat intake for better results, thank you.

there isn't a one size fits all strategy to this.

you are 30 years old, now is the time to start experimenting with different diet macro's that fit your particular goal. the whole gaining 30 pounds seems like an absurd goal. we had marc lobliner on our podcast and he said he was gained 2 pounds of lean muscle EACH YEAR for the past 20 years on average. this means he gained 40 pounds of LEAN MASS the past 20 years, so how realistic is it for you to want to gain 30 pounds fast? those will be poor gains and sloppy.. stop being impatient and remember this is a marathon

I've written elsewhere about what we might call the 'long game'. I started aged 15 and kept a training diary from age 18. I weighed 175lbs then. Today, a LONG time later (I'm 53) I weigh 285lbs (yesterday at the gym). I'm on a low dose (60mg a day) of anavar right now.

At my heaviest I was 299.6lbs. I ran the same sort of year on year numbers as Marc. For me, no gear, it averaged 4lbs a year. On it averaged 6lbs. But let's take my age 18 and 175 and compare it to yesterdays. That's 110lbs gained. If my arms were an average gym users size of 12.5-inches then I'm about 7-inches bigger on my upper arm.

And I've NEVER been that anal about ratios. I also consider myself less a 'builder' and more a lifter - certainly since 2000 onwards. Muscle, then, is a bonus not the aim. I DO use supplements and I DO make sure I get a good dose of protein.

The simplest trick is to first establish a baseline. By that I mean whatever you eat that keeps you as you are right now. Then you tweak and change it. To gain add, to lose remove.

Bulk, to me, means to add mass. Meaning muscle but nor lean - some fat too. That's fine for me cos I'm all about the weights moved but others might want to be leaner.

So, by adding a single protein and carb shake or small meal I would, over time, gain mass. PED's speed that process up. Training, of course, needs to be added to as well. My bench wont get better or bigger if I'm not adding reps or weight to the bar. Ergo my chest and arms wont grow either if my bench doesn't go up.

It sounds simple cos it is. The hard part is lifting more when you ache and are tired and eating another meal when you're not hungry. And, course, we only do this cos we want to. We rarely NEED to.

Top Bottom