Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

In need of a good protein powder/shake

emilynichole

Hi All,

I have just recently started lifting weights seriously (I've done cardio religiously for years, but never weight lifting) and am in need of a good protein powder/shake. I'm lactose intolerant so it will be mixed with soy milk. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Emily

Really great whey proteins taste great mixed with water.

If you mix it with soya, most protein shakes will taste good.

Whey is derived from milk, so you may want to investigate other sorts of protein powders.

I am sure there must be whey proteins that are lactose free as well, I know of one company in the UK.

Hi All,

I have just recently started lifting weights seriously (I've done cardio religiously for years, but never weight lifting) and am in need of a good protein powder/shake. I'm lactose intolerant so it will be mixed with soy milk. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Emily

I just switched to this site True Protein that sells the cheapest protein powder I've ever seen. Quite a variety so I expect you'll be able to find a type you like. I get mine sugar and sweetener free, but you can customize it any way you like.

You might like this particular protein powder since it's derived totally from soy. Looked at the amino profile and it compares favorable to whey isolate, plus it's way cheaper.
True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

Hi All,

Emily

I don't know how intolerant you are. I am lactose intolerant and I can tolerate some pp. Currently I'm taking Lean Body for her by Labrada. Is very tasty and it doesn't bother me.

Hi emily, welcome to elite fitness! I hooked you up with one week of free plat so you can use the search engine and post more freely.

Have you tried this milk? they actually seperate the lactose from the milk. It even lasts a lot longer than regular milk. I had a roommate years back who swore by it. There are other brands of organic milk that are lactose free as well.

Organic Valley - Lactose-Free Organic Milk for Lactose Intolerance

I just switched to this site True Protein that sells the cheapest protein powder I've ever seen. Quite a variety so I expect you'll be able to find a type you like. I get mine sugar and sweetener free, but you can customize it any way you like.

You might like this particular protein powder since it's derived totally from soy. Looked at the amino profile and it compares favorable to whey isolate, plus it's way cheaper.
True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements
good site

For the soy milk - choose the light version and preferably plain if you can take the taste. It works fine with a flavored powder. Otherwise you might want to go with Vanilla (although this has more sugar).

Honestly, there are tons of good powders out there. Some good sites have been mentioned.

Welcome to EF!

Top Bottom