Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need a good cutting diet, please help!!

blown93302

what up bros? im trying to cut up for the summer and need help on a good cutting diet. right now im 165lbs and 6' with about 10%bf. i want to get down to around 8% with a nice six pack :) can someone help me out and post a good diet for me? thanks!!!

Hey. My stats were similar to yours about 5 weeks ago (170lbs, 13%bf, 5'11), now I'm down to about 8% bf so I can tell you what I did at least. I am taking in 500 cal/day below maintenace (I toggle 100 up above this one day then 100 below it the next) and eating about 100-130g carbs a day (I started at about 60-90g and felt like shit, but got used to it completely after 2-3 weeks). I eat about 220g protein a day and the rest from fat. I eat every 2-3 hrs. (7 meals a day). I do cardio 4 times a week (45 min. in morning) and lift 4 times/week later in the day. Cut rest between sets to about 60-90s but still go heavy (I started doing higher reps). I introduced an ECA stack after 4 weeks and it really helped. I eat a lot of tuna, eggs, unsalted peanuts, veggies, some chicken, some salmon, some kidney beans.
Anyway, this worked for me so far. Honestly, 8%bf isn't quite enough for me and I'm sure if you're at 10% now then you'll want to go to below 8%. I can see my abs but the definition isn't great and when you start to get in the single digits that's when you start to really start seeing definition and dammit you just want more.
Anyway, hope I've helped.

just outta curiosity have either of u two found it hard to break past 165lbs. its just 'cos i am!

hell yea!! i cant gain weight for the life of me and im startin to get pissed off... i dont know what to do anymore.

Hpw long have you been lifting? I haven't been stuck yet for more than a few weeks (thank god!). However, I might find that I'll have the same problem eventually. So, here's my advice. Eat more, first off. Everyone gets stuck eventually. I think the way to bust through the plateau is intensity in training. Try reading a pant-load of articles on some of the pro's tips. Listen to 'em cause they obviously know what they're talking about. You've got shock the fuck out of your muscles. Change your workout every damn week. Change order or exercises, rep number, rest time. Try supersetting like 4 exercises if necessary. That should do something. Also, I haven't tried creatine yet,so if you haven't then that should help (I would expect). I do use Glutamine and that does help - you sleep so deeply, it's great. I don't think steroids should be necessary to ad at least another 20 pounds (assuming you don't presently use and if you do, then I've got no idea what you should do besides changing your workouts). Just my opinion.

Guys, the biggest determinant of muscle gain is diet. You have to eat! Without adequate calories, you're not going to grow. If you're a relative beginner, 1-2 lbs a month should be attainable. More advanced natural lifters will be lucky to put on 5 lbs/yr. Also, a reliable source told me that natural lifters gain maximum muscle whilst at 13-15% body fat. He said that if you're lower your body will not utilize dietary protein optimally, burning some for energy because of the low body fat, detracting from muscle growth.

You have to realise, as I have, that natural lifters/bodybuilders simply cannot be as ripped as the freaks in the magazines. All of those guys are on gear and diuretics. Accept it. A natural <8% bf is attainable but very hard to maintain. And if you're trying to add any mass, forget about keep your bf <10%. Trying to stay that lean AND add mass isn't really possible. You're not going to gain any weight.

------------------
My $.02

jb3, so what do you recommend we do? right now its going into summer, and i really dont want to bulk up and lose my six pack. i think i will go the summer and then in the late fall start bulking up for the winter. thanks for you help bro

Im at 188/5'10"/13% b/f but i wouldnt mind getting bigger.But Im thinking about summer too.Im at the beach alot so Im gonna try to cut to at least 10% which would get me down to 180 or something.But i still have to maintain that 180.Its hard to follow a strict diet in the summer for me.Im always out doin somethin.I guess Ill just havr to walk around with a cooler full of shakes and food everywhere I go or at least keep it in my car.LOL

Top Bottom