Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need advice on competition.

eat big

For bench press. I have done pretty well in preparation in the long term. What do I need to do for the next few days before the comp? Nothing?

Give me advice. It's my college's bench press competition so it's not a do or die competition.

In the Army, every day before we take a PT test, all we ever do is stretch for PT in the morning....

Stretch out the day before THOUROUGHLY.... Don't lift for two-3 days before.

eat big said:
For bench press. I have done pretty well in preparation in the long term. What do I need to do for the next few days before the comp? Nothing?

Give me advice. It's my college's bench press competition so it's not a do or die competition.

REST. you won't get any stronger between now and then

Why don't you tell us what your normal schedule would look like in the days leading up to the competition? Unless it includes "participate in a triathlon" or "go to a club with sawastea on the corporate expense account," there's probably nothing worth changing for the sake of a college bench contest. Beyond that, just get enough rest and food, which you're probably already doing anyway.

Beachbum1546 said:
Any weight class requirements? i.e., do you need to lose some weight?

Not sure how they are doing it. I do need to lose weight which I'm working on now with cardio. Last year they did it by weight class so we will see. I don't think I'm gonna change much. I just wanted to know what short term preparation should be. I've got two more years to win it so I think I'll be fine.

eat big said:
Not sure how they are doing it. I do need to lose weight which I'm working on now with cardio. Last year they did it by weight class so we will see. I don't think I'm gonna change much. I just wanted to know what short term preparation should be. I've got two more years to win it so I think I'll be fine.
Ok, cool. At my school we did by your weight divided by your lift. When I did it I weighed 205lbs and benched 345lbs. That gave me score of 1.69. I got second place, some 160lb guy benched 315 (1.97).

Beachbum1546 said:
Ok, cool. At my school we did by your weight divided by your lift. When I did it I weighed 205lbs and benched 345lbs. That gave me score of 1.69. I got second place, some 160lb guy benched 315 (1.97).

Yeah, I'm about 240, which is too much. I would be lucky to get 335.

Top Bottom