Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need advice on beginner diet

hayrab

Hello, Im 6'5 300lb never had my bf% checked but Im sure its pretty high Im a computer nerd and majoring in computer science at college and some of my homework means 10+ hours at the computer for programming.

Anyways I recently signed up for a 1 year membership to my local gym through my work. I've been at it 2 weeks now with 0 fat loss. I know Im expecting too much too early but anyways just a critique of my workout/diet would be helpful since Im a newbie to this stuff. I workout from 11:00am to 1:00pm then work from 1:30pm to 8:30pm.

Mon/Thur Chest/Back/Abs

Tue/Fri Arms/Shoulders/Abs

Wed/Sat Legs/Abs

Diet:

Breakfast (10:00am): 1 whey protein shake, fresh vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)

Lunch (1:30pm): 1 whey protein shake, fresh vegetables, mixed fruit

Mid-Afternoon Snack (4:00pm): Can of lite tuna fish

Dinner (9:00pm): Chicken Salad, Fish, Potatoes etc...

Any critiquing please? Id like some expert advice on what I can change to increase fat loss and put on some lean muscle.

Thanks,
Harb

Whey protein shake consists of 1 cup of whey + 1 8oz glass of skim milk + 1 banana + can of pre-sliced oranges + 1 tblspoon of flaxseed oil.

Thanks,
Harb

Now your second post makes a little more sense because when I saw that you were eating 1 whey shake and vegetables, I thought you were joking. I am also assuming that 1cup whey = 1 scoop of whey.
From this, I can ballpark you caloric intake at 1300-1500 calories (and I am really saying a high number here). This is WAY TOO LITTLE for a 300lb male. You will cause your body to go into metabolic shut down. What you need to do is the following:
Your BMR= 300 x 12= 3600 cal
Cycle your calories:>
Day:
(subtract the calories by cutting out simple sugars and carbs)
1= BMR-25%
2=BMR-10%
3= BMR
4=BMR-5%
5=BMR-15%
6=BMR
7= BMR+5% (add the 5% with lean protein)

Now, as far as it goes for you diet, you need to change a lot of things around. (too much sugars and not enough calories)
Here's a sample meal plan>
meal 1: oatmeal + egg whites+1 tbsp flaxseed oil
meal 2: sweet potato + chicken breast (skinless boneless)
meal 3: brown rice + lean steak (beef eye of round) + 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
meal 4: whey protein + 1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
meal 5: yams + turkey breast
meal 6: (probably before bed, or short while before)
egg whites + 1/2 cup walnuts

Seems plain, but has variety. This is hard to follow at first but once you get the hang of it, you can change things around. I don't include amounts because that's your choice based on the day. Remember, 3600 BMR divided by 6 meals= about 600 cal a meal
If you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.
Mr.X
:cool:

Ive been on this diet 2 weeks and Im not feeling hungry dunno what the deal is Im going to throw some oatmeal and alot more eggs in there tho thanks for the advice!

Thanks,
Harb

Top Bottom