Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Necia's Food and Training Log

The plank is easier to me than the dang crunch. Between my hair getting in the way for crunches (I have long , thick locs), and my ponytail doesn't make crunching easier, my lower back be killing me. I find crunches are easier for me on a flat bench, as it forces my back to be straight, and easier if I do them on my own and not in a class where that's a featured exercise. I definitly need to move at my own pace for those. But the plank, I really like it. It's like I"m competing with myself to keep my ass up in the air, and my stomach in. I win all the time.

Necia

Mon Feb 21st

11:15 am - 1 SAN TIGHT (off to the gym I go, bbl)
11:45 am - Cardio Elliptical - 10 minute warmup on Level 1, alternated with 30 seconds on Level 10, and 60 seconds back on Level 1. Did 8 cycles, and then cooled off the remaining 7 minutes on Level 1. Not sure if this is considered HIIT, but either way I kept my Heart rate up between 65% and 75%. 30 minutes on the Treadmill Level 3.0 speed 2.6, brisk walk. Again made sure I stayed within 75% of my target.
1:30 pm - 2 Glucorell
1:45 pm - 12 oz skim milk, 2T Flaxseed, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 scoops of whey, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine, 1 multi vitamin.
4:25 pm - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1t evoo, 1 slice of American Cheese, 1/2 of homemade protein bar.

Last edited:
Tue Feb 22nd

7:30 am - 1 San Tight, 2 scoops Protein Powder, 1t Glutamine, 1t Creatine, 1/2 cup raw oats, 8 oz water
10:35 am - 1/2 cup Non Fat Cottage cheese
1:35 pm (Post Workout) - 5 oz skim milk, 3 oz water, 2 scoops whey protein, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine, 1 multi vitamin, 1 glucorell
2:30 pm - salad with baby greens, boiled egg, red onions, cuke's, grilled chicken, balsamic vinagrette
4:30 pm - remainder of above salad.

7:00 pm - Dumbbell Total Body Workout
DB Squat 5/20 8/12 8/12
Db Sb Sl Dl - 5/20 8/12 8/12
Single Leg Calf Raise - 5/20 8/12 8/12
Bent Over row - 5/20 8/12 8/12
Lateral Raise - 5/15 8/12 8/12 (this was much easier today for some reason)
Bench Press - 5/20 8/12 8/12
Db Shoulder Press - 5/20 8/12 8/12
Biceps Curl - 5/20 (double) 8/12 (double) 8/12 (alternating)
Db Tricep Extension 10/15 16/12 13/12

Comments: I feel really GREAT. I wonder if the creatine is giving me an edge, either that or I gained some strength as lateral raises were much easier today. Tricep Extensions on the other hand was a little difficult, thus the 13/12 set. Could be because we did a few sets of those in class today.

7:30 pm- 2 Glucorell
8 oz skim milk, 2 scoops Vanilla whey, 1t glutamine, 1t creatine

Goals for tomorrow - Get up and get out of house and get to the gym. Goal is to do Am cardio on Elliptical. HIIT. First shock the abs. Wish me luck everyone, on waking up and accomplishing this goal.

Water - 80 ozs and counting, cause I'm thirsty right now as I type.

Last edited:
Wed Feb 23rd

Well I never made it to the gym this morning. I woke up sore as all get out, but a good sore, so I was moving a lot slower than usual, as if that's possible. However, I will get to the gym for my usual 12:30 lunch time appt. That's a given.

7:30 am - 1 SAN TIGHT
7:40 am - Protein shake made with 8 oz water, 2 scoops of whey, 2 strawberries,1/2 cup raw rolled oats, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine.
10:15 am - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, Large cup of coffee w/skim milk, 2 splenda packets.
12:00 pm - 7 Reduced Fat Triscui ts (y are these things so salty. I think I really prefer Wheat Thins)
12:30 pm - Cardio class w/weights
1:30 pm - 2 Glucorell
8 oz skim milk, 2 scoops of whey, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine Do I still need a shake here, after these type classes? What about the supps I'm dumping into them?
3:00 pm - fresh turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread w/honey mustard, lettuce and tomatoes (damn that was good)
6:00 pm - 6 pieces of imitation crab meat w/old bay and 1tsp evoo
9:00 pm - 2 chicken thighs, kind of coated in buttermilk, 3/4 cup of brown rice

Gotta mention a funny situation. I ordered my sandwich and the guy sent me a sandwich as long as my arm on a hero bread. When the delivery got there, I seen how big that bag was took that heavy sandwich out and sent it right back. My co-workers just knew I was crazy at that point. They said it was senseless to me to do that being I prolly paid as much if not more for the healthier, smaller version. Ya know what? Who gives a f*ck? I can tell I'm making progress. The old me would've attempted to eat that huge sandwich on that carb filled hero bread. Kudos to me for sticking to my guns.

Last edited:
necia said:
Goals for tomorrow - Get up and get out of house and get to the gym. Goal is to do Am cardio on Elliptical. HIIT. First shock the abs. Wish me luck everyone, on waking up and accomplishing this goal.
Guess I'm a little late to wish you luck!

It's ok, just get the cardio/HIIT in and better luck next time.

;)

necia said:
Wed Feb 23rd

Well I never made it to the gym this morning. I woke up sore as all get out, but a good sore, so I was moving a lot slower than usual, as if that's possible. However, I will get to the gym for my usual 12:30 lunch time appt. That's a given.

7:30 am - 1 SAN TIGHT
7:40 am - Protein shake made with 8 oz water, 2 scoops of whey, 2 strawberries, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine.
10:15 am - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, Large cup of coffee w/skim milk, 2 splenda packets.

Girl I know how hard it is to get up for the morning cardio, let's just say I've been trying for months...lol. But it's too damn cold for me to get up and walk for 15 minutes to get to the gym right now.... :rolleyes:

So good luck to you huney...you can do it!!!

necia said:
I love the Plank. One of my favorite exercises. I can normally do 3 sets holding for a count of 30. What can I do to make it more difficult?

Necia

Sorry for the delay.....

To make it harder: Place hands/elbows on a stability ball or bench or feet on said ball/bench....

Another option for abs is to sit on a decline bench (your feet are higher in the air) & stay in the raised crunch position & hold a medicine ball in the air or have a partner toss it back & forth to you...... your head will be raised off the bench as if you're crunching up.....

Also on the decline bench you can hold onto the leg part with your hands & raise & lower your legs up & down.....

I agree on the AM cardio. My biggest challenge is getting enough sleep the night before so I can get up & do AM cardio with enough time to hit the shower & make it to work. The sad thing is that I have a Precor down 2 flights of stairs, along w/ a large TV, DVD, radio, etc.

I truly don't think it has anything to do with getting enough sleep. Every night I'm out for the count before 11 pm. The truth is I'm just a lazy ass. I would rather sleep than do almost anything. There's been times I've starved myself because I chose sleep over getting up and getting a bite to eat. I"m learning how to do better. Having a 2 yo helps with that. Not to mention, drinking so much dang water throughout the day forces me up to go potty too.

I wanted to add, Sassy you got it going on. I should really consider putting an Elliptical in my already crowded APARTMENT. Hahhhahahahha.

Necia

Top Bottom