Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Necia's Food and Training Log

Mon March 7th

7:45 am - 1 SAN Tight
8:30 am - Protein Pancake
10:45 am - protein shake, 8 oz water, 2 scoops of whey
1:00 pm - Spinach Leaves, boiled egg, grilled chicken, red onion, cuke, balsamic vinagrette salad dressing, toasted walnuts
5:00 pm - 1 oz Almonds
8:00 pm - tuna wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, and a little mayo, prolly still too much but much less than I'm used to.

Don't think I'm gonna make it to the gym today. I have a real busy day ahead of me, and of course everything is going WRONG. I'll find a way to incorporate some cardio at home.

Last edited:
necia said:
How many sets should I be doing lmfao. I'm only using 8lb dumb bells which is the heaviest I have right now. I figure the heavier I go, the less amount of set and reps I'll end up doing? No?

Necia

WEIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SETS

.....I think you need to splts the bodyparts a bit more

Ok let me go visit exrx.net and see if I can work something out. I'm gonna be pming you if you don't mind. Guess I'll be posting it here, lol.

How does this look?

Day 1
Quads - Lunge or Squat
Chest - Bench Press
Upper Chest - Incline Bench Press
Front Deltoid - Front Raise or Shoulder Press
Calves - Single Leg Calf Raise
Triceps - Kickback or Extension

Day 2
Back (lats) - Bent over Row/Lying Row
Hamstrings - SL Dead Lift
Side Deltoid - Lateral Raise or Upright Row
Biceps - Curl
Trqpezius - Shrug
Abdominal - Crunch
Oblique - Twisting Crunch

Again, all dumb bells. How many sets do you suggest, how many reps?

I thought it was pretty standard for a beginner woman to do 2-3 sets of 8-12.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions you may make up front.

Necia

Last edited:
necia said:
I thought it was pretty standard for a beginner woman to do 2-3 sets of 8-12.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions you may make up front.

Necia

Necia,

I don't think doing 3 sets of 8 per excercise was the issue. Shadow, correct me if I am wrong, but 36 sets in one workout is A LOT. For example, I only did 13 sets on Sunday and my legs were shaking and my heart was pounding from the intensity of the excercises.

I think most of our programs, whether it's Shadows program (see Sticky), his 5x5 program (this is what I'm doing) or any other program (see other logs), is split into three or four days. I think the number of sets vary from 12 to twenty-something sets.

I'm still rather confused. But I will say this. From what I've read online and what not, it's suggested that a beginner start with a Full Body Workout 2-3 x's a week, as opposed to a split which can take 4-5 days a week. That worked well for me because I can't devote 4-5 days a week at this time to just weight training. I work full time, have a full time home based business, and even more a 2 year old that is OFF THE HOOK. However, I do want to get optimized benefits from what I am doing, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be GREAT. I only have Dumbbells, physio ball, and a 9lb Body Bar at my disposal, so whatever I do must be comprised of those elements. 4x's during the week I'm in the gym during my lunch hour taking whatever class they have going on. So my weight training is going to take place at home in the evening.

Necia

Tue March 8th

8:00 am - 1 SAN TIGHT
10:00 am - 1 small Black coffee w/Splenda
11:30 am - 6 small strawberries

Today is another shitty day. I'm swamped at work, and I'm not gonna make it to my lunch time gym class. Let's see what I can figure out to do tonight when I get home. Still trying to work on a split that will enable me to do less sets.

1:00 pm - Spinach salad, onions, cucumbers, grilled chicken breast, boiled egg, balsamic vinagrette

4:45 pm - 1 oz almonds

6:56 pm - 7:11 pm - Chest/Back Workout
Bench Press 8/12 8/12 8/12
Pull Overs 8/12 8/12 8/12
Incline Bench Press 8/12 8/12 8/12
Bent Over Row 8/12 8/12 8/12
Shrug 8/12 8/12 8/12

This workout lasted 15 minutes and I can really feel a difference in the split. Yea my body was thoroughly worked when I did full body, but now I know I actually did "something" because of more concentration on particular body parts. I can really feel it. It was quick, short, and to the point, and I know I can actually make time to do a split 3 on 1 off. I still need to focus on correct breathing, and squeezing and focusing on each muscle I'm working. I've ordered the books Velvett suggested, and can't wait for them to arrive, perhaps they will help aid me in the mental.

8:30 pm - Geez I haven't had one shake today. How lala can I get? 8 oz water, 2 scoops whey, 3 strawberries, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine, 1 multi vitamin

Last edited:
9:30 pm - Diced chicken on whole wheat wrap, 1T of mayo, 2T worshire, lettuce, tomatoes.

Wed Mar 9th

9:00 am - Protein Pancake
10:40 am - That pancake didn't do diddly squat for me. So, I just ate half of my lunch. If push comes to shove, I'll order a salad to go with the second half of my chicken wrap as described above.
1:00 pm - 2nd half of diced chicken whole wheat wrap with lettuce, and a lil mayo.
4:00 pm - 8 oz water, 2 scoops whey protein.

Workout for Today:(Legs/Core)
Quads - short lunges to impact the quads as opposed to long lunges which impact the glutes
Hamstrings - SLDL
Quads - Squat
Calves - Single Leg Calf Raise
Abs - Crunches
Obliques - Side Crunch

Last edited:
necia said:
Tue March 8th

10:00 am - 1 small Black coffee w/Splenda
11:30 am - 6 small strawberries

Today is another shitty day. I'm swamped at work, and I'm not gonna make it to my lunch time gym class. Let's see what I can figure out to do tonight when I get home. Still trying to work on a split that will enable me to do less sets.

1:00 pm - Spinach salad, onions, cucumbers, grilled chicken breast, boiled egg, balsamic vinagrette

4:45 pm - 1 oz almonds

6:56 pm - 7:11 pm - Chest/Back Workout
Bench Press 8/12 8/12 8/12
Pull Overs 8/12 8/12 8/12
Incline Bench Press 8/12 8/12 8/12
Bent Over Row 8/12 8/12 8/12
Shrug 8/12 8/12 8/12

This workout lasted 15 minutes and I can really feel a difference in the split. Yea my body was thoroughly worked when I did full body, but now I know I actually did "something" because of more concentration on particular body parts. I can really feel it. It was quick, short, and to the point, and I know I can actually make time to do a split 3 on 1 off. I still need to focus on correct breathing, and squeezing and focusing on each muscle I'm working. I've ordered the books Velvett suggested, and can't wait for them to arrive, perhaps they will help aid me in the mental.

8:30 pm - Geez I haven't had one shake today. How lala can I get? 8 oz water, 2 scoops whey, 3 strawberries, 1t creatine, 1t glutamine, 1 multi vitamin

15 sets in 15??

Little too fast on the reps......each set should take 40-60 seconds....

lift a bit heavier next go-round.

Well done ont he split thugh

So noted. Thanks so much Shadow for the input. I really really appreciate it. Tomorrow I'll hit Modells up for heavier DB's.

Necia

Top Bottom