Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Necessity of protine shakes

Zerilli

hi

I was just wondering how necessary are protine shakes. I have been takeing shakes as supplements for 3 years. now that Xmass time has come around and being a college student with only a part time job (that pays a wopping $6.75/h) and a very large family, i can not put shakes in the buget untill at least mid jan.

what can i do or how can i replace them in my diet. right now i am trying to bulk up for my spring seson of rugby and i know not having the aid of shakes is gonna make things hard.

Much thanks in advance.

cheers.
Zerilli

Protein shakes are not necessary at all assuming that you're eating enough protein rich foods. In fact, you're better off getting protein from whole food sources anyway.

The only time a protein shake gives you any real advantage is post-workout when you're looking for a fast rate of absorption (well that and the convenience of throwing some powder in a glass and chugging it back).

Just look for cheaper cuts of meat at the grocery store and you should be just fine without the shakes.

thanks alot for the info!!

to follow up on that answer what kinds of foods should i replace them with? being that i am 200lbs i dont think it would be healthy to eat stake twice a day, every day. any more input?

cheers!

I ran into same problem as you and wanted to try something else other than protein so didnt have any cash left with protein, so instead I have a good food supply and I figured it works just as good... although not as convenient ofcourse.

Make sure the steak is lean, and youll be fine. But that is totally defeating the pourpose of protein shakes. They are supposed to be CHEAP and convenient. A steak is deffinatly not cheap, if money is the issue.

For me, protein shakes are suppliments in my diet, and I do not replace them with any meal.

As far as I am aware, Steak is not necessary at all.. some bros may disagree, but its entirely possible to benefit from cheaper protein sources eg. Tuna and of course other, oilier fish for more variety. I abandoned shakes altogether in favour of raw eggs. not everyone manages raw eggs of course as they taste like snot or spunk or something but I use the wee trick of adding a little prune juice or other fruit juice to shoot it in. Works a treat.

Anyway, all said and done, i've increased strength and weight significantly without shakes. i'd agree they are useful pre/during and post workout though - perhaps you could buy a little and ration it? perhaps try using shake and other proteins too. again, this is something i've done for a long time and i believe that by using some unprocessed proteins with the shakes it helps square things out. theres some great recipes online and clearly there are always ways around the issue of getting plenty good food for low cost.

all the best

Zerilli said:
thanks alot for the info!!

to follow up on that answer what kinds of foods should i replace them with? being that i am 200lbs i dont think it would be healthy to eat stake twice a day, every day. any more input?

cheers!

Tuna chicken unsalted peanuts and almonds.

Top Bottom