Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural Peanut Butter

I see that on all the diets and recipes people always say to get natural peanut butter. Isn't all peanut butter natural? If not, what is the advantage of nat pb over the regular? Is it a specialty thing you have to get in a health food store?

The brands of peanut butter like jiff are hydrogenated for shelf life in the grocery stores to keep longer, and I think that they have extra sugar in them. ????

Yes, that's the main difference between natural and other pbs. Natural has no sugar, that's it's only real benefit over the nat'l brands.

It is the carb thing, but also the hydrogenated oils and trans-fatty acids. Those are believed to be very unhealthy if consumed in high quantities. If your goal is eat a healthy diet, then peanut butter with that shit inside of it is one of the last things you want to be ingesting.

The carb thing is somewhat minimal but still no dextrose is better than some dextrose. For me the main thing is the trans fats...mos people eat peanut butter for good fats and protein, and when theirs trans-fatty acids that kind of takes away from peanut butter giving good fats (since trans-fatty acids are structurally like saturated fat). Also, the only difference is natty you have to refrigerate and stir, not a big deal for me.

JIFF pb 3gram saturated fat,7gram carbs dont fuckin have a heart attack now

and u can purchase natural pb at any local supermarket,i think people perfer natural pb cause the saturated fat is low, and the good fats are high........

Last edited:
Top Bottom