Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My proposed diet to get ripped!! Ideas ans opinions wanted.

Mr BC

Hello all.I am posting this diet to get everyones responses and go from there.I am 26 years old weigh 225 pounds and have a waist that measures 43''.My goal is to get shredded and get the waistline down to about 32''.Here is the proposed diet.
Meal 1-1/2 cup oatmeal,8 egg whites
Meal 2-protein shake(44P/12C/3F)
Meal 3-200 Grams chicken breast,large salad
Meal 4- same as meal 2
Meal 5-postworkout shake(44P/50C/3F)
Meal 6-tuna or fish,vegetables

** a lot of people are going to say not have so many shake sbut i think they may be ok at the start and i will cut them out later on.
Also cardio on an empty stomach 4 1 hour and weights 5 X per week.
Any suggestions especially on diet and please include meal plans**

THANK YOU

I think you should add some fat. Maybe fish oil capsules or flax seed oil. Try cooking your chicken in olive oil.

Have an extremely lean cut of beef every day or two in place of your chicken or one of your shakes. On days you don't have beef, eat an egg yolk with your egg whites.

Think about dividing your post-workout carbs between pre and post workout. Post workout carbs will keep your blood sugar and insulin elevated longer after your workout which won't help fat-loss. Pre-workout carbs will reduce catabolism which is good for fat-loss and important on a calorie restricted diet. You could even just have only pre-workout carbs and post workout protein and fat.

Take a multivitamin and calcium tablets during the day, and zinc and magnesium tablets at night before bed. Have at least few servings of fruit every week in the morning with your oats. Don't worry about the calories. Berries provide the most phytonutrients per calorie of most fruits, so try strawberries, blueberries, etc. Eat a great variety of green vegetables.

Try eating 1/2 of a sweet potato for your pre-workout carbs (along with your chicken breast). This works well for me.

Try starting with perhaps 5 days per week of cardio for 40 minutes and increasing frequency and duration from there. Vary your cardio to reach more muscle aerobically. Try doing a very intense 25 minute run every once in a while instead of a slower 40-60 minute cardio session.

Thank you for your reply plornive. I was going to start with cardio at a lower intensity and as i get leaner increase the intensity.I like your idea with revolving the carbs around the workout and i think i will do that instaed of having my carbs in the morning when i will not really need them.

It would probably make more sense to start out more intense, then decrease the intensity and increase the time as you go along, since as the diet progresses, you'll become more and more depleted, and more intense cardio sessions will be out of the question.

Thanks for the reply SteelWeaver.Surely there are many others here who have some answers please.
Mr X can you help me out please.

When I suggested pre-workout carbs I didn't mean to necessarily eliminate your morning carbs. Your calories are already low. A small amount of carbs for breakfast like oats, pre workout carbs and (optionally) a small amount of post-workout carbs like some milk would be ok. Keep most of it low-GI to minimize insulin levels and obtain the most benefit from it. Sweet potato is a very convenient medium-GI good for pre-workout. Oats are good for in the morning and are low enough in GI (try to use slow-cooking oats).

You could have carbs with your chicken and a glass of milk with your post-workout meal. Morning carbs will keep you sane, especially with your morning cardio. Some people burn more fat when they eat enough carbs daily, but everyone is different.

Try to make sure your body is nourished before and during weight-training (high-intensity and anabolic) and hungry before, during and a little after morning cardio (low-intensity and catabolic). The former is for building muscle and priming the metabolism, the latter is for burning fat and temporarily increasing the metabolism.

Oh, I didn't see the 12 carbs in your shakes. Maybe you don't need the oats after all. I dunno, depends on how you handle carbs.

I like to eat carbs instead of drinking them --- it tastes better.

The carbs in most shakes are maltodextrin, a very high GI carb that is not great for dieting.

I wouldnt worry too much about the carbs like plornlive said unless they really bloat you. I would also add some fats to your meals bc it will be hard to eat just that in 1 day and have your hunger satisfied. As for cardio, I find that if I dont have time to do it in the morning on an empty stomach, I get similar results if I do it right after my weightlifitng. Also, what supplements do u plan on taking along with this, Ive never used the NYC stack but I hear all good things about it and adding an ECA stack wouldnt hurt

I must disagree with you in some points IJ26:

I wouldnt worry too much about the carbs like plornlive said unless they really bloat you

Carbs are very important on this diet. If you don't worry about it you might as well do a completly different diet.

As for fats it's already been said, but this diet isn't easy as your probably know.
I would avoid making post workout cardio (it is far better i think the cardio on empty stomach), if you have to do it i woudn't make more then 15/20 minutes at low intensity. I think it can be very catabolic.

Correct me if i am wrong

Top Bottom