Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My personal quest to get ripped and stay ripped :)

CoolColJ...

Two chicken breasts, spread over an entire day!

This looks like not enough protein to MAINTAIN muscle... never mind gain! Am I missing something here... do you take protein shakes?

I don't take protein powder, its a waste of money IMO. Real food
is best.

Its enough protein for me. I also have nuts as well, and there is 20 grams in my breakfast cereal.
My strength gains, and bodyweight remaining constant as my bodyfat drops is proof of that.

But the main thing people forget, is that you should look at what protein you eat over the course of a few days or a week. The body doesn't have a strict quote that says you need this much in 24 hours. Hell the body is still repairing tissue over a few days.
Which leads to my next point, I have 2 "carb-up/pigout" days, where I eat anything and everything. That's where the rest of my protein comes from too.

Also you must remeber I nibble and chew all my food throuighly so I actually absorb close to 100% of evrything ieat. People who gulp down food waste a lot of it. You can tell this by the next time you visit the toilet. My Sh*T is hard and compact, and small :)

My pleasure :)

Last edited:
I just keep reading about this carb up stuff. I guess it is good to keep your body guessing. How would a strict diet Sun. - Fri be, then do a carb up Sat.? Should you pig out that one day... pizzia, burgers, beer, ice cream, what have you. Or should it be clean stuff just like extra extra amounts of brown rice, oatmeal, baked potatoes, etc.?

Well try it and see how you go, but I think you will find it much harder to stick too, and your metabolism will bottom out after 3 days. Once its bottomed out, you maybe in a catabolic state depending on how low your calories are, nothing short of a week long pig out will restore it, best to not get there in the first place.
I'm just basing it on my own experience though.

Its up to you, but I eat everything I want. Yesterday was my pigout day - here is what I ate

meal 1 - 2xweetbix + soy milk, small chicken breast and veges

Meal 2 - Microwave popcorn has 22grams of fat :)

Meal 3 - some Japanese pea chip junk food

meal 4 - 2 packets of chinese instant noodles, with 2 eggs cracked into it, with onions and lettuce added.

meal 5 - 4xWeetbix with margarine spread on em :)

meal 6 - Pizza Hutt pizza - ate a lot of it!

I dunno how many cals are there, but must be quite a bit :D
You just gotta let go of your fear to eat! Even if you gain a bit of fat its all good, because your still ending up leaner over the long term without slowing down your metabolism into rebound territory. Like I have said before zig-zag you calories and your bodyfat percentage.

Last edited:
How's this look? Ahhhh... makes me hungry just looking at it.

Pig Out Day:

Meal 1 - Protein and Carb Shake. Cinnamon Swirl bread or a Bagel.

Meal 2 - Chicken Breast with Wild Rice.

Meal 3 - Supreme Pizza.

Meal 4 - Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Protein and Carb Shake.

Meal 5 - Steak with Pasta.

Meal 6 - Extra Butter Popcorn. Frozen Yogurt.

looks good :)

err on the side of more carbs that's the basic rule.

Also if your workouts fall on one of the low carb days, make sure take in 40rams of carbs after the workout. Not after sprinting though I have found.

I always wait an hour before eating after a workout. I normally don't feel like eating after a workout anyway.

Last edited:
well just aother periodic update.

My weight is still around 84kg and my waist is just above 32 inches

I'm gonna take a scheduled 1-2 weeks break from the diet. I always start to get stale after 3 weeks. So I need to recoup my motivation. Its probably due to low leptin levels.

Anyway I'm gonna do an AM Refeed, and PM low carb schedule for the next week or so. until I get motivated again and then do an assault to a 30inch waist. Followed by another break and then a final assualt to 27 inches :)

I will most probably post a progress pic when I get back from my break, since I'm about to buy a digital camera this week or the next. Perhaps I will post a before break and then a post break pic, depending on how I look :D

Ok here are my progress pics - don't laugh! :)

Bare in mind I'm not a bodybuilder, sprinter and BBall with 4 months of weight training under his belt after a 6 year layoff, and I'm a lifelong natural trainer.
I noticed I lack upper chest development...and my head is far more tanned than my torso...
But I have a 37 inch vertical leap so there! :fro:

Here in these pics shot during the day with my Canon Ixus 330 digi cam. Taken when I had a 33 inch waist. Anyway I still look mighty flabby - just can't imagine how obese I must have looked with a 40 inch waist!!! I have a small frame so I'll need to get under 30 inches before I start looking remotely cut.

5'9" 184 lbs 33 inch waist - about 13-14% bodyfat - 31 years old

CCJ_33inch2.JPG

Right now I'm on my 2 week diet break - pigout schedule, I'll be back into it next week :D

I'll start posting pics every inch I lose until my goal of 27 inches or 5% bodyfat is reached, which ever comes first. I guess I should show my legs, they're quite big compared to the rest of me as you'd expect. Hopefully you should see me get bigger in every batch of photos I post :)

One thing that annoys me is how different you look in photos compared to what you see in the miiror, for the worse I might add :confused:

Last edited:
Sprints

its not all just about diet -

Q. In your book Quantum Strength and Power Training (Gaining The Winning Edge) (1996), you wrote: "Statistically, there is a close relationship between V02max and lean body mass." Were you surprised when the Tremblay group - challenging the common belief that low intensity, long duration exercise is best for fat loss - found that short intervals (30-90 seconds) produced substantially more fat loss for each calorie burned exercising? Why?

A. No, I was not surprised by Tremblay's findings showing that low intensity, long duration exercise is not as effective as short intense intervals in reducing body fat. It is relatively easy to explain why this is so.

During strenuous exercise, the rate of metabolism rises, going to about 15 times the basal metabolic rate (BMR) and even higher during intense interval work. For example, running 5 mi/hr the oxygen uptake required is 28 ml 02/min/kg of body weight with 3.7 cal/hr./lb burned, while a short burst of intense interval work may require 100 ml 02/min/kg with 13.8 cal/hr/lb burned. By maintaining the high level of training over a 5 or 6 week period one would expect a significant increase in the ratio of lean body mass to fat. Over a three month period you would be RIPPED like never before.

Intense interval work utilizes a greater percent of the body's muscles, both slow and fast twitch. Also, performing high intensity work places added energy demands on the respiratory system, cardiovascular system and nervous system. Thus more fat and glycogen are burned to support the expanding energy demands of the body during - and after - intense exercise. In other words, the cost of short intense interval exercise is very high in terms of energy demands in comparison to low intensity aerobic exercise. What's more, while at rest trained active muscles burn more fat night and day, contributing to further fat loss.

Top Bottom