Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My personal quest to get ripped and stay ripped :)

hey cool..i am basically springting/walking 3 times a week and some days i will do 40 min of walking uphill..im starting off at 15 min with the sprint and just increasing the seconds until i reach 30 seconds of full blast sprints each week...after my intensity increases i will increase times..how many min do you sprint and days per week?is this better than jogging? my overall miles of spinting/walking is about 1.5-2.0..and yours?

Well I use a football field, going around the perimeter. I sprint on the goal line side and walk up to the other side and then sprint again etc. I normally start jogging and then build up speed, until after the 4th time around I'm flat out sprinting. I'll do a do about 3 all out laps (six 100% intentsity sprints) and then do a cool down jog lap and then stretch and head home. Its quite hard, since this is done after I've already done squats in my weight session just before hand.

This normally lasts about 30 mins from start to finish including the warmup and warmdown - that's all you need. The brisk walking sections take most of the time.
It works great, and blows up your legs, lower back, especially the hamstrings and the calves. Since I run with sprinting spikes, they tend to make your run on your toes, and so your calves get to take the full force of the movement.

The way I do it, time goes by pretty fast, since I'm actually moving around a wide area instead of back and forwards.
My sprints are only for 50metres or so, not sure how wide a football field is. But its only for 8 secs if that - since its at full blast it drains me out. I think its pretty much impossible to sprint flat out for 30secs. Even sprinting flat out for 100 meters is really taxing and that only takes me 11 secs or so :)

I do it twice a week now. After my weights on the first day of each low carb cycle days. Anymore than this and I don't recover from it. I personally think this beats jogging. Its a win-win, strip fat, build up muscle and explosiveness, build up cardio fitness and burn up carbs real fast for the diet system I'm using to work. Jogging and any other low intensity cardio takes far longer to achieve the same effect. And off course from the research I have read, high intensity interval training like sprints/walk combo keep the body metabolism hyped 6 hours and more after the exercise, and you actually burn more calories per session and continue burning more afterwards. It also releases lots of growth hormone into the body due to the high intensity which helps burn fat and build up muscle.

I also do it in the afternoons, I didn't lose anymore fat when I did it in the mornings. But my diet is also part of the fat loss equation - probably at least 70%

Last edited:
question for you

Hi there;

I'm looking at this thread and I'm inspired. I have 2 or 3 inches to lose around my waist and I'm paranoid about losing my very hard earned muscle.

Question: How do you know you're not losing muscle mass? Are you measuring your muscles (e.g. biceps, chest, thighs etc) or are you just going by the mirror.

Your near ketosis plan sounds interesting, and one can't argue with results, but I'd like to know.

Also, if you just started working with weights, its thought that you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I'm not sure this plan would work so well for someone with a year of weights under their belt (so to speak).

Ahh I wish I was only 2-3 inches away from goal! I still have another 6 inches to go :elephant:

Well I know I'm not losing muscle, by the fact I'm getting stronger, my muscles are looking bigger and they feel bigger by touch :havoc:

Anyway I'm not training like a total beginner. You forget I did bodybuild and compete as a teen for a few years, got quite strong too. Then I quit and got back into in my mid 20s and became stronger. So now I'm just regaining my previous size and strength which can be done much quicker as muscle has memory.
But right now I'm training for athletic reasons not size and strength.

I read about this plan a long time ago in an article written by a female bodybuilder called Diana Dennis, and she's pretty shredded. This was back in 1991-92. I actually trailed it for 3 weeks as a young bodybuilder, and this was after I had been training for 2-3 years. In fact while I was on it then, I was training superslow style, 10 seconds up and 4 seconds - 1 set per bodypart and was continuing to gain strength from workput to workout during the 3weeks! Hell I was chinning with 70 lbs attached to my body then during the diet, adding on 5 Lbs every 2 workouts! :)
Anyway it worked well then, accept I wasn't losing fat quite as quickly as I am now. Reason? Well I didn't carb deplete then. I also wasn't doing any sprints. Just the 3 weekly 1 set per bodypart - 45min workouts. Still managed to lose 1.5 inches of my waist in that 3 weeks. Taking me down to 28.5 inch waist, my lowest ever.

You shouldn't lose any muscle mass, not with the amount of protein and fat you'll be eating, and the fact its a 3-1 day cycle. In fact I don't actually eat much now. Its like my stomach has shrunk quite a lot! On my Carb pig out days, I can't actually pig out as such because I get awfully full within the first few mouthfuls :)

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks for the info.

I am not working on muscle memory, so I'm a bit paranoid about losing good mass. But I suppose I should accept that losing some muscle with the fat is ok, I can always gain it back later.

The important thing is to lose the fat, not just at the waist, but that layer thats all over the body.

I'll that 3/1 low carb diet, it sounds good. I'll just buy a whole whack of chicken breasts and green veggies, and take an ECA stack as well. I'm also working out 5 days a week, but not the whole body. I'll try intervals for cardio (on a rowing machine).

I've tried carb depleting before, but when ketosis hits, I feel like shit. This diet is intriguing since its just low-carb, not no-carb.

Thanks for the inspiration, this is just what I needed to read.
:)

This diet is great, because you can keep hold your cravings for the carb up day, and eat what you like then and not put any fat on, within reason :)

I've had to add back my morning breakfast cereal (2xWeetbix biscuits) and low fat soy milk, as I've been hitting the dumps at night after I took it out. Ketosis, it feels like a low blood sugar effect but kinda different :)
This gives me an extra 40 grams of carbs. You may need to add some extra carbs depending on how much veges you eat. Just make sure you have some meat and veges to accompany the carbs as well.

As far as how many calories I'm eating, probbaly not a lot. I'm not really counting em. But if you think about it, on a normal diet, at least 50% of your calories will come from starchy carbs, so if you cut them out, you've halved your calorie count just like that! On my Carb up days, I eat a lot, at least 500-1000 calories over my maintenance figures.
On my low carb days I eat my breakfast cereal with soy milk which is good for 100-150 calories, plus a tiny bit of meat and veges
Hmm I eat no more than 2-3 average sized chicken breast fillets a day, and I'll have a tiny portion of steak every so often, add a handful of raw nuts like almonds, and tons of lettuce and other veges which don't have that many carbs and calories. Plus whatever calories I get from the fish oil supplements I take.

My advice is to eat the same amount of meat(protein) your would normally eat to maintain your bodyweight, plus a tiny bit more, and just remove the starchy carbs and replace em with as much veges as you can eat. Eat some stuff with good fat like raw nuts, fish and flax oil etc. Get a good calcium and multivatiamin supplement with co-factors to help you absorb it. I've been told that taking this after the last meal is the best time for it.
No fruits though. You may need to add an extra 20-40grams of carbs a day depending on wether your body hits ketosis or not. You will know when you do :)
Also spread all this over 6 meals, and eat every 2 to 2.5 hours. if you chew and nibble everything real slow, you will actually feel too full! It takes practise though
Your muscles are being fed by the protein you take in, anything else the body wants will be taken from the bodyfat since the carb intake is greatly lowered.
You should feel energetic if everything is done right.

And lastly you must carb deplete with weights and exercise on the first day of each low carb cycle or else the effectiveness of the diet is greatly reduced. You will feel good on that day, since its after the carb up day :)
I try not to do anything on the carb up days if I can help it.

Last edited:
Happyfunball, you may not need to do any intervals if your working out 5 days a week. see how you go. You will need to juggle your workouts around a bit.

I'll be interested to see your results as well. I know this diet works really well for Diana Dennis and me :D

ok?

i weigh 130 and have about 30 grams of fat...some times about 20 grams ,,,i usually have flax but since i ran out i use olive oil/safflower oil or nuts and pb...i dont use alot of fat just 1-2tbs a day..is that good? my carbs are 80 grams and protein 200,,just oatmeal in meal 1 and 2..the rest are green veggies..

I don't know wether that's too much or too little fat. I don't pay much attention to my fat intake. I just eat some fish oil tablets 3 times a day, eat a handful of almonds, and whatever saturated fat is in my meat. Its a feel thing I guess. After a while you just know wether your getting enough or whatever nutrient.

So how are you doing on your diet and exercise? Getting the results you want?

Top Bottom