Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My old CKD article I wrote for George24....

kakdiesel...excellent info.

Kakdiesel,
I did this exact diet 2 summers ago, and I went from 210 down to 192. My strength remained the same and I was very happy out how ripped I got. I was putting on pants that I hadn't worn since high school, and I'm 30 years old. BUT, MY CO-WORKERS/FRIENDS WERE ALL SAYING THAT I WAS GETTING TOO SMALL! I must have lost quite a bit of muscle according to the comments that were being made. I know that there were days that I would only have 900 to 1100 calories just because I didn't feel like eating that much. (those were the no carb days). I feel like I wasn't consistant enough with my 210 grams of protein per day which caused me to lose so much muscle.
When I started I was 210lbs at about 13-16% body fat. I ended up about 192 with probably 6-8% body fat. Now I'm about 213 at around 10% body fat. I want to try this diet again for a short time period, around 6 weeks. I know how fast it works so with my body right now, 6 weeks will be plenty.
Can you give me some simple examples of food you would eat on the no card days? Just a one or 2 day example would be great and greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
jepjep

Last edited:
And also, how long does it take for the body to realize there is no more carbs, and to use fat for energy.

Typically, if your diet is in order, (being as close to 0 carbs and getting lots of saturated fats) about 2 days. You can always use "Ketostix" to check and make sure that you're in ketosis.

MASSIVEmorris said:
Typically, if your diet is in order, (being as close to 0 carbs and getting lots of saturated fats) about 2 days. You can always use "Ketostix" to check and make sure that you're in ketosis.

And how long should one go about doing this keto plan.... I heard no more than 2 weeks due to possible kidney probs...

Personally, I plan on using it for 6-8 weeks. About your kidneys, I suggest you follow this link and read up on it.

http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=1331

In it, it states that: "there is no published evidence that a high protein diet produces any negative effect on metabolism in bodybuilders or any other type of athletes."

There has been a study on it and this is what the conclusion was...basically ... : "The combination of high protein intake and intense exercise didn't appear to impair any aspect of kidney function either."

Hope this helps.

Re: kakdiesel...excellent info.

jepjep said:
Kakdiesel,
I did this exact diet 2 summers ago, and I went from 210 down to 192. My strength remained the same and I was very happy out how ripped I got. I was putting on pants that I hadn't worn since high school, and I'm 30 years old. BUT, MY CO-WORKERS/FRIENDS WERE ALL SAYING THAT I WAS GETTING TOO SMALL! I must have lost quite a bit of muscle according to the comments that were being made. I know that there were days that I would only have 900 to 1100 calories just because I didn't feel like eating that much. (those were the no carb days). I feel like I wasn't consistant enough with my 210 grams of protein per day which caused me to lose so much muscle.
When I started I was 210lbs at about 13-16% body fat. I ended up about 192 with probably 6-8% body fat. Now I'm about 213 at around 10% body fat. I want to try this diet again for a short time period, around 6 weeks. I know how fast it works so with my body right now, 6 weeks will be plenty.
Can you give me some simple examples of food you would eat on the no card days? Just a one or 2 day example would be great and greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
jepjep

My favorite meal was a fatty hamburger patty, cheddar cheese slice melted on top, with slices of bacon on top of that and mustard..high in fat, high in protein, 0 carbs..oh and high in calories...

another one was pepperoni, mozarella cheese, and sausage patties stacked on top of one another...tasted like toppings on a pizza....very good as well..

and if you wanna go the"healthy" route, you could just eat chicken breats, tuna, and supplement with 2-3 tablespoons of flax seed oil at each meal..

i hope this helps..

kak

Top Bottom