Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my natty pb really natty??

I picked up some natty pb for work today on my way here from the big grocery store, it's made by Whole earth and was in the health food section

I assumed it was natty pb and picked it up as it said natural and sugar free on it

anyway after having a huge dollop just now i checked the ingredients and it has Palm Oil and Sunflower Oil, 97% Peanuts and Sea Salt... so is this natural? The stuff i have at home is 100%nuts (although the oil seperates from the butter in that one)

Palm oil and sunflower oil is natural so yeah, I guess it is. It's just not 100% pure PB. I don't think I'd sweat it bro.

I have looked up the definition of 'natural' in the dictionary.

Natural: existing in or obtained from nature; not made or caused by humans.

So through arguement they are correct. The PB came from earth and was broken down by humans. The fact is that it's obtained from a natural source, so this could be their reasoning.

The term 'natural' is inandof itself is completely subjective and can be debated by anyone.

All and all I say peanuts themselves are more natural then PB, though I prefere PB as undigested nuts in my stool is not an attractive sight!

..and whole peanuts make a shytty PB & J sandwich,..LOL!!! :D

I believe the sunflower and palm oil help keep the PB from seperating. I know brands like JIFF use trans fatty acids to do this (partial hydrogenated oils), but I don't know if this is the case with this PB. It doesnt say partial hydrogenated so there may be no trans-fats. All the natural PB I get just have Peanuts and Salt.

When you do get the natural PB that the oil seperates, do you have to stir it up every time you use it? I have never bought the natural kind because I never knew about how to deal with the oil seperation thing...thanks!!

Once you stir it up the first time, you don't have to stir it up much if at all after that.

technically it's not 'natural' because it does use those stabilizing oils. however, since they aren't hydrogenated and no sugar is added, it's close enough (and more importantly, is better for you, than say peter pan or reese's brand pb).

also - when i buy natural pb, i store it in upside down in the fridge for a day, THEN i open it, stir it vigorously, and stick it back in the fridge. you can either leave it in the fridge or take it out after a day. i prefer to take it out (and if it starts to break down, i just store it upside down and give it a little stir) because cold pb just doesn't taste as good as room temp pb.

Top Bottom