Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mushrooms.

Urlu

Just wondering what's the low-down on mushrooms. I checked it out on the net, and from what I can gather they seem okay to take while dieting, not much carbs or fat.

I boil them.... and I REALLY like 'em.

Just thought I'd make sure they're okay. Does anyone know about mushies?

Mushrooms have almost no carbs or fat. If you were cooking them in butter, they would soak up most of the fat--that's why they taste good cooked that way. But boiling them? Don't you end up with sort of a soggy pile? If it works for you--hey, who am I to argue?

Not these mushrooms. They're just regular ones I buy from the grocery store.... I don't pick 'em myself.

Thanks.

Mushrooms are good, I get the closed cup type, the fairly big ones, chop them into 3rds and fry them (low heat) with peppers, kidney beans,,leek, corgette, onion and cherry tomatos (small type) with some lean steak mince in there, chopped tomato juice and maybe some corriander etc.

Throw in some brown rice and its a quality meal full of everything you need and next to no fat.

I agree 'wink' 'wink'. Those mushrooms are good. And they do a pretty good job of killing the appetite. Who really cares about their nutritional value.

Try portobello mushrooms if your market sells them. Better nutrition and a much better taste.
Grotto.

Top Bottom