Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Gain while reducing fat..Mr. X

MrRTTB

I thought of a diet for dropping fat while gaining muscle, take a look and tell me what you think.

There would be 3 carb meals per day on workout days, and 2 carb meal on non workout days.

Pre workout: 80-100g carbs with 50g protein slow absorbing
Post wokrout: 80-100g dextrose with 50-60g Whey protein
Then one more carb meal one or 2 hours after the post workout drink 50-60g low GI carbs with 50-60g protein.

I think it might work best if you workout in the morning or at lunch, so the 3 carbmeals are the first 3 meals that day. After these carb/protein meals all other meals would be fat/protein. All slow acting protein and omega3, 6 and 9. Flaxx seed oil, udos, omega3.

Protein would be high, about 2g per lb bodyweight. Calories about what you burn per day. The purpose would be to eat carbs when you need them, post, pre and one more carb meal. What do you think?

Alfons said:
I thought of a diet for dropping fat while gaining muscle, take a look and tell me what you think.

There would be 3 carb meals per day on workout days, and 2 carb meal on non workout days.

Pre workout: 80-100g carbs with 50g protein slow absorbing
Post wokrout: 80-100g dextrose with 50-60g Whey protein
Then one more carb meal one or 2 hours after the post workout drink 50-60g low GI carbs with 50-60g protein.

I think it might work best if you workout in the morning or at lunch, so the 3 carbmeals are the first 3 meals that day. After these carb/protein meals all other meals would be fat/protein. All slow acting protein and omega3, 6 and 9. Flaxx seed oil, udos, omega3.

Protein would be high, about 2g per lb bodyweight. Calories about what you burn per day. The purpose would be to eat carbs when you need them, post, pre and one more carb meal. What do you think?

Sounds interesting....
It looks very close to a TKD, but w/ protein changes and increased carbs. Leaning more towards Animabolics....

I would think, off hand, a diet like this WOULD increase the rate of post-workout (PW) anabolism. However, I would not be too sure about dropping bodyfat and gaining mass on the same days, for you would need to eat above maintanance (which for most is around weight x 14/15) to gain muscle, but to drop bodyfat you would need something around the BMR, which is weight x 11/12. You might want to try doing it like I point out in my bulking manuals where you switch from one day of higher carbs (as you are showing me - eg the pw carbs etc) but on off days lower the carbs to create a low-insulin environement. I would think adding R-ala to the mix would be quiet the ticket on the high carb days. Overall, I think it looks good, maybe you should give it a shot and keep measurements and bodyfat counts etc. and let me know how it works. It's hard to know if theory works, unless it's tested :).

Mr.X

I will start it tomorrow and see how it goes, will run it for 2 weeks and take messurments before and after.

Alfons said:
I will start it tomorrow and see how it goes, will run it for 2 weeks and take messurments before and after.

For test like these, the minimum time for sufficient outcomes is about 4 weeks, so I would shoot for 4 minimum.

Mr.X

CARBS UPS

ON THE CARB UP MEALS, PRE AND POST, WHAT KIND OF FOODS CAN I EAT TO GET THE FULL AMOUNT OF CARBS??? CHEAP FOODS THOUGH? HOW ABOUT HARVEST BARS? HAS 40G CARBS AND NOT REALLY FROM SUGAR. HOW ABOUT WHOLE WHEAT BREADS??? CAN YOU GIVE ME A LIST OF CHEAP CARB UP FOODS THAT I CAN GRAB AND GO, NO RECIPE STUFF...

THANKS

JOHN

Re: CARBS UPS

jc00l471 said:
ON THE CARB UP MEALS, PRE AND POST, WHAT KIND OF FOODS CAN I EAT TO GET THE FULL AMOUNT OF CARBS??? CHEAP FOODS THOUGH? HOW ABOUT HARVEST BARS? HAS 40G CARBS AND NOT REALLY FROM SUGAR. HOW ABOUT WHOLE WHEAT BREADS??? CAN YOU GIVE ME A LIST OF CHEAP CARB UP FOODS THAT I CAN GRAB AND GO, NO RECIPE STUFF...

THANKS

JOHN

the cheapest food is Dextrose powder, gram to gram it's the cheapest by far

you can get some at
www.proteinfactory.com

I would say honey is a good carb-up food...

Mr.X

Started today. So far 2 meals:

Breakfast, parboiled rice 80g(60g carbs), Caseinprotein 15g, rye bread 14g carbs, 1 tuna can(30g protein, 0 carbs and 0.2g fat). Also took 5g creatine and 500mg ala, 500mg c-vit, multivitamines.

Then workout for an hour, HIT version.
Then postworkout, 80g dextrose, 50g Whey isolate, 500mg ala, 2g ginger root powder(for gas and bloat I get from the whey), 5g creatin.

1½ hours later I will eat 60g parboiled rice, 15g Casein protein, 250g white fish(total of 40g protein).

Rest of the day will be 0 carbs. Only white fish/oil, tuna/oil, proteinpowder/fibers/oil
Oil = omega3, and some olive oil.

Also about 5g fibers to each protein/fat meal(psyllium seeds)

I'll keep you posted.

Workout:

One exercise per muscle group, 3 set each. 30 rest between each set.

Like this: Chest, incline bench press: 3 set warm up, then 8 reps heavy, then 4 reps after 30seconds with same weight, then the same 1-3 reps after 30 seconds. After that heavy streching. Then shoulder press, then triceps, then deadlift, and one more for the back(lats). done.
Next day, biceps, forearms, legs(front and back), calfs.
Then rest 1-2 days, and do morningwalks, I lower carbs on these non workout days

I will try eating about bw x 16-17 on workout days. I think I will need the extra food with the program I'm on right now. Right now I'm SO very very tired. It must be that I'm not use to the low carbs. I usally eat about 2.2-2.5g carbs per lb and now I'm more at 1.1-1.2 per lb. All taken first 3 meals.

I take lots of omega3 and therefor I thought I might be able to eat a few more calories because from earlier experience It seems I can eat about 200-300cals more per day with high amounts of omega3 and still loose fat. I think one should have in mind to eat protein when the body needs it, same with carbs, but also to have in mind that the best time to burn fat would be during night. My diet is therefor designed so I do not burn much fat during the day, I'm more anabolic at that time, and then when the noight comes I put myself in "fat burning mode / anticatabolic mode". I therefor will not eat any carbs before bedtime.

cant wait to see the results... nice to see a detailed post/training diet log.... I just came off a month of HIT training and loved it... I am going on a cutting tear soon so i am going back to my one bp a day.

What is your diet like on the non training days from a food prespective... What whole food proteins are you eating later in the day? What are your current bf% stats?

GOOD LUCK.

I eat mostly fish. Some whey protein and some casein protein, from that all meat(white fish, chicken and tuna).

BF is pretty low about 7%, you might think it sounds crazy for one with that low bf to set up a goal like ive done. But the thing is this: I've been bulking very clean for a while now and put on little fat. Instead of keep bulking and put on more fat/muscle I would like to get rid of some of the fat I've gained on this bulk diet I've had and then after I've managed to do that start bulking again. I love bulking but for me it seems like I respond very well to bulking after a short cut, like 12 days cut. So goals right now are to keep gaining muscle, but slowly, and to keep fat were it is in weight(if you gain muscle and at the same time not gain fat you will drop in % bodyfat. )

On the off days I will only count out the post workout carbs and from that eat the same.

Workoutdays GI index of the pre workout meal will be about 70.
Non Workoutdays all carb meals(2 carb meals) will be about GI 35-40.

Top Bottom