Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mr. X you say "ketosis" is protien sparing on a ckd? Lyle Mcdonald says your wrong

nclifter6feet6 said:
so who is right???????

where do you get this? you must be misreading something....

Ketosis is not protein sparing by the name, it's the KETONES that are the product of ketosis that are protein sparring; thus, people say ketosis is protein sparring...

Just for you, I took this STRAIGHT OUT OF Lyle's book....
Page 46 (pdf format).....

Directly affecting protein synthesis and breakdown.

As stated, it is well established that protein breakdown decreases during the adaptation to
total starvation and one of the mechanisms for this decrease is a lessening of the brain’s glucose
requirements. It has also been suggested that protein sparing is directly related to ketosis (5,26).
As well, many popular authors have suggested that ketones are directly anti-catabolic but this
has not been found in all studies.

Answer: we are both right because we say exactly the same thing

Mr.X

so what is the equation per ketone count is equaled to the amount of protien being spared??????make sense???/

like say you have a reading of 100 ketones that means 50 grams of protiens are spared.....im clueless

nclifter6feet6 said:
so what is the equation per ketone count is equaled to the amount of protien being spared??????make sense???/

like say you have a reading of 100 ketones that means 50 grams of protiens are spared.....im clueless

There is no equation that can pinpoint this, and no studies to this day have been done to measure the amounts. Frankly, I would think every person is different, pretty much based on catabolic rates and such.

Mr.X

well damn that sucks

Mr.X
do you think a high carb diet would spare more protien than a keto diet

nclifter6feet6 said:
well damn that sucks

Mr.X
do you think a high carb diet would spare more protien than a keto diet

I would think that the answer is yes because of the frequent insulin spikes, but that could vary.

Mr.X

Top Bottom