Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mr.x What Is The Best Way Of Eating To Stay Lean And Gain Some Muscle???

cytrix

mr.x, i have benn doing a TKD using your manual, and it has worked great, i will finish friday, and carb-up on the weekend. what about after that, what do you suggest to stay lean and be able to gain muscle? i don't wanna gain any fat back, i don't mind if the muscle comes slower. how do you eat?

Question to all, what is your suggestion on a diet to stay lean and gain muscle??

Stay lean and gain muscle: THE GOAL OF EVERYONE LOL

I recommend: 50/30/20 (protein/carbs/fat)%

Carbs taken after the workout and before workout (split)

Mr.X :cool:

X, but you did not specify the amount of cals. To stay lean, and gain muscle (at a slower rate) just add 500 cals to your AMR. The key is to eat more than your maintenance considering you activities. Watch out, bmr does not equal amr. That means I would eat 3000cals because my AMR is 2500.

However, if you bulk , it's not like the fat gain will be unnoticed and will be slapped onto your ripped physique . If the fat gain is too extreme, just down the cals around 300 - or if you are not gaining enough, bump it up another 300.

I like X's ratio - I tried it and it gives me greater pumps than 403030 style for bulking. Carbs are of prime importance during bulking, be sure of it. Protein should be kept at 1g per pound, no less. More is possible, but whatever you do , eat more carbs than protein.

I suggest you bulk (with controlled calories, meaning you monitor everything) and decide if the fat gain is too much , and the muscle gain is too little or too much, then just adjust cals accordingly.

Peace

blood_drinker said:
X, but you did not specify the amount of cals. To stay lean, and gain muscle (at a slower rate) just add 500 cals to your AMR. The key is to eat more than your maintenance considering you activities. Watch out, bmr does not equal amr. That means I would eat 3000cals because my AMR is 2500.

Blood_Drinker, Muscle gain at a slower rate w/ 500cal over amr is NOT a feasible way to do things, for 500+daily AMR is way too many calories. I have gained over 10lbs of muscle in around 15 weeks by using the simple formula weight x 12 and cycle that 100-200cal +/-
So, the answer is, keep calories at weightx12=bmr

Mr.X :cool:

Too many calories ?! 500 cals over what you need to perform basic functions considering you activities such as weightlifting (AMR) 500 is too much? Perhaps I was a little biased, I never gained fat on only 500 , yet gains were rather slow for me. AMR+500 for me = 3500. I bulk at 4000cals, or 1000 over.

In any case, I agree with X about 100-200cals over. However if you feel you are not gaining much and could up the cals more, do so. It's all about how you respond, there really is no formula - rather simply approximations or educated guesses as to what will work best. If your body responds well to 300cals over, do it. Since you are going to be doing this over an extended period of time, you better experiment and see what suits you best to get the max out of your efforts and goals.

Top Bottom