Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

more contradicting info in my head, high gi carb vs low gi

110%

i have contradicted more info in my head with my research i have been trying to do on ALA, ok here it is...

i have always understodd that only use high gi carbs postworkout b/c it will created an insulin spike and everything will be shuttled where it needs to go. at all other times avoid high gi carbs b/c you do not want and insulin spike b/c you will get energy you do not need, and thus it will be stored as fat.

what i dont get is, is this info based on if glycogen stores are completely full? b/c otherwise even if you were in an inactive state wouldnt high gi carbs always be good b/c your carbs witht he insulin would have a much greater chance of being stored as glycogen and thus you would limit fat gain, as if you do low gi carbs the less insulin will have less absorbed for glycogen and more left in the bloodstream thus not being used for energy and deposited in fat cells.

o yeah i just though of this too, postworkout you are trying to restore glycogen stores as much as possible, but why? what if u didnt, wouldnt that then make it at other times of the day when you absorb carbs and protein which both have very high amounts of glucsoe that they will have a greater chance of being stored as glycogen, thus limiting htem being left in the bloodstream and being stored as fat.

where as if you restore glycogen completely postworkout, that when you consume nutrients later in the day that they will not be used in any uptake by muscle cells, so the amount left after your body utilizes some of it for energy would be stored as fat right?

I'm not sure I understand the whole question, but post workout (in a muscle glycogen depleted state) your muscles cells have more glucose receptors, and insulin receptors are more sensitive to insulin. Your muscles also have an increase in what is known as 'insulin independant glucose uptake" as well as increased amino acid uptake. This is not true at other times of the day. So post workout your muscles will take up more of the glucose and protein you provide them, at other time of the day your muscles may also take up glucose and amino acids, but not nearly as much, and everything else will go into your fat stores or get burned as energy.

Top Bottom