Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Minimal muscle loss & fat loss gradually, how does this DIET LOOK??

M56M

7:00am
6 egg whites (30grams)
1 slice of wheat bread (15grams)
1 tbsp of Flaxseed oil (15grams)
1 Multi Vitamin
1 glass of OJ

10:00am
4 Chicken strips (30grams)
1 slice of wheat bread (15grams)

1:30pm
1 turkey burger(25grams)
1 oatmeal OR 2 slices of wheat bread(30grams)
1 tbsp of Flaxseed oil(15grams)

4:30pm
Protein shake/dextrose (50grams/30grams)

5:30pm
4 chick strips(30grams)
1 slice of wheat bread(15grams)

7:00pm
Can of tuna(33grams)
cup of vegtables(30grams)

10:00pm
can of tuna(30grams)

about 2 gallons of water a day.

I will be taking NO fat burners or any AS of any kind.

I am currently at 208lbs, i would like to get down to about 190lbs @ 10%. I think my BF is around 13% right now.

Will this diet make me lose too much muscle, if so what can i add or delete to help this effort. I know dieting without AS is going to lead to muscle loss, but i would like to minimize it.

Thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated.

M56M

ProteinFiend said:
take the oatmeal, ww bread, and oj, and move it to after 4:30.

Why on earth would he want to do that??

Diet looks decent to me - the real key is that total daily calories fall below your BMR....

I would maybe even add another serving of EFA's prior to bed (with your tuna?)....

because he has his protein/dextrose shake at 4:30 ... he is assuming this is the post workout shake, and he is suggesting this so that the carbs are consumed after his muscle glycogen stores are atleast somewhat drained, and glut-4 transporters are upregulated, therefor more glucose will be stored to muscle, instead of liver or converted to fat.. I presume...

Ah I see. Well in that case...bah, I don't think he's consuming enough carbs that he needs to be worried about them being stored as fat. I think he's better off getting those carbs in early (since glycogen stores will be somewhat depleted when he wakes up) - and prior to his workout rather than having all of them afterwards.

hes eating carbs every 3 hours... thus causing insulin to be released to shuttle them.... we know that when insulin is released lipolysis stops so he WILL NOT be able to burn fat... hence burn the fat in the morning.. refill glycogen after the workout... this will burn the most fat while stabilizing (or possibly growing) your muscles.

Yes, I see what you're saying now. That damn hormone insulin is one helluva double edged sword.....and the way I had initially looked at this situation was with respect to the catabolic effect of low insulin levels prior to exercise. Lyle MacDonald said once that "our bodies hate us" - and he must've been talking about insulin. But yah, reducing insulin will promote fat oxidation - but like I was thinking at first, it will also increase catabolism. I guess the trick is to strike a balance....which I think the body will do quite effectively on its own provided that carb intake is not too high/nor too low.

not trying to CUT up...lean up.

I am not trying to CUT up just basically lean up with mininal MUSCLE LOSS. Now i am not on any time frame this is why i am trying to chose a diet that will allow me to lose fat slowly and at the same time keep most of the muscle.

I hope i am making my goal more clear, so with that in mind..

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS????

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.

M56M

Top Bottom