Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Milk And Keto?

as long as it is fat free milk. you don't want any fat in your post workout shake. It slows absorbsion. The fastest absorbing protien post workout would be whey isolate mixed with plain water.

Stay away from milk if your dieting. Milk contians lactose, and lactose will bloat the shit out of you. All dairy products "except low fat cottage cheese" should be avoided while dieting.

Buld0g said:
Stay away from milk if your dieting. Milk contians lactose, and lactose will bloat the shit out of you. All dairy products "except low fat cottage cheese" should be avoided while dieting.

i went crazy with milk while bulking 6 weeks ago, and developed a huge gut. it was nasty. It almost came out as far as my chest, which is sad.

I would not even use milk for bulking.

Milk has a great nutrient profile that can be utilized while bulking, (unless your lactose sensitive/intollerent) - For best results, avoid it while cutting - especially while in keto. The carbs are quite low GI - perhaps postworkout is possible, but you won't fully get keto if throught the day are consuming portions of milk which has more carbs than protein.

If you want to check for ketosis ..
but a pack of ketostix at a local pharm.

I haven't done a CKD in awhile but if I remember correctly carbs, whether it be low GI or high GI, will all knock you out of ketosis. Fructose will do it faster than others due to it's preference to fill liver glycogen. Dextrose is probably the safest carb to eat while in ketosis due to it's preference to fill muscle glyogen stores. However other than these 2 examples I don't think it matters where you get carbs, they will all knock you out of ketosis if you eat enough. Doesn't matter if it's corn flakes or Oatmeal, GI doesn't mean anything as far as ketones are concerned.

And to answer simply, milk is definately not something you want to drink while doing a ketogenic diet. It actually has more carbs than protein, about 13g per cup if I remember right. Lactose is in fact a sugar...

Top Bottom