Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is milk good or bad for muscle and bones?

I couldn't argue that maybe in excess it could cause some problems in some people. Although I drink about a gallon every 2-3 days, so what is the factor that makes this happen sometimes and other times have no negative effect? Also what keeps this from happening to children and animals that drink far more than 3 glasses a day? If you drink lactose free milk you definitely are screwing yourself as well because lactose is the catalyst that let's us absorb the calcium in milk. I've had strong bones my whole life and I attribute it to milk all the way. I'm a junkie. So again, I have to stick to my theory that this is a problem wholly sitting with the person who's getting sick from milk... Unless of course I and other people have health problems that strangely help us consume more milk and be okay. That actually sounds more like a super power though.

I have strong bones as well but dont drink much milk at all and only a little yogurt here and there.

Calcium excess, like any excess or deficiency doesnt just happen, its not like turning on a switch thats either on or off. Its the slow excess over time that causes undesirable changes. A good many of the things people start to notice in their late 30's or so are actually due to nutritional imbalances that have been occurring over the course of their lifetime. Yes calcium is essential, im not arguing against it. Im simply saying that it, like many nutrients, work in conjunction with others and in certain ratios. Skew the ratio too far in any one direction and you cause problems over time.

Calcium cant properly do its job with out vit A, D and K. Someone from nothern climates likely doesnt get the same amount of D as a landscaper in florida, and Many people dont get much vit K at all.

Your entitled to your opinion and can believe your theory all youd like but if you want a more scientific look at it, check out the new book by Dr Levy called "Death by Calcium".

In his newest book, Death by Calcium, board-certified cardiologist, Thomas E. Levy, offers scientific proof that the regular intake of dairy and calcium supplementation promotes all known chronic degenerative diseases and significantly shortens life. Written for both the layperson and scientist, Dr. Levy explains the dangers inherent in supplementing with calcium. "It is now clear that excess dietary calcium, as is realized with the routine ingestion of milk and other calcium-laden dairy foods, is also a toxic and potentially life-shortening practice."

I have strong bones as well but dont drink much milk at all and only a little yogurt here and there.

Calcium excess, like any excess or deficiency doesnt just happen, its not like turning on a switch thats either on or off. Its the slow excess over time that causes undesirable changes. A good many of the things people start to notice in their late 30's or so are actually due to nutritional imbalances that have been occurring over the course of their lifetime. Yes calcium is essential, im not arguing against it. Im simply saying that it, like many nutrients, work in conjunction with others and in certain ratios. Skew the ratio too far in any one direction and you cause problems over time.

Calcium cant properly do its job with out vit A, D and K. Someone from nothern climates likely doesnt get the same amount of D as a landscaper in florida, and Many people dont get much vit K at all.

Your entitled to your opinion and can believe your theory all youd like but if you want a more scientific look at it, check out the new book by Dr Levy called "Death by Calcium".

I'm arguing more for the sake of hoping learn more about it myself. I know only what I've experienced. I believe what you're saying although I would have to research Levy a bit to make sure he isn't connected to someone who has an agenda or stands to gain in some way from this. I just distrust most of what I hear until proven otherwise because I distrust the system so much. I come off as arrogant at times so I apologize. It doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn it just means I want to fuel the discussion in a way that one or the other can end up learning something new.
I'll have to look into Levy though.

I'm arguing more for the sake of hoping learn more about it myself. I know only what I've experienced. I believe what you're saying although I would have to research Levy a bit to make sure he isn't connected to someone who has an agenda or stands to gain in some way from this. I just distrust most of what I hear until proven otherwise because I distrust the system so much. I come off as arrogant at times so I apologize. It doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn it just means I want to fuel the discussion in a way that one or the other can end up learning something new.
I'll have to look into Levy though.

If Levy has an agenda I would says its against allopathic medicine and the way its shifted over the last hundred years to its current reliance on drugs instead of treating the individual as a whole being and treating the whole being.

One thing I like about Levy is he an actual PHD, note just a naturopath/orthomolecular doc. He was classically trained and in the trenches. He gave up his practice as a cardiologist to pursue orthomolecular treatment because it was more effective.

What I like about his books is that while he does make some hypothesized claims most of his writing is not just about his experience in the clinic. He spends crazy amounts of time digging through the data published by others, puts that with his and references it all in his books.

He has quite a few videos you can find on you tube as well if you have time to kill.

Zyglamail, have you ever heard of Nancy Appleton, Ph.D.? Her work has primarily focused on how refined sugars disrupt the body's homeostasis as well as the impact of environmental toxins and unrecognized allergies, but she was the first person whose work I read that pointed out the interrelationship between minerals and how easy (far, far easier than vitamins, it turns out) it is for them to become out of balance. Interesting stuff.

Also make sure you stay away from cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, regular yogurt, cream cheese, sour creme, and all cheeses because those are all just milk essentially as well and have high calcium content.

I like an occasional slice or two of pizza myself, not from some shit franchise place but from the local mom and pop pizzeria, tastes better and they use better ingredients. but I also know that bread is a bad idea. the key is moderation. we already get plenty of dairy in the American diet without even trying. we also get tons of salt, sugar, and other things we need but we all know that food is big business and if you eat out you are going to get way more salt and sugar than you need.

dairy, salt, sugar, oils are all fillers put in food to give it taste and texture. if they swapped in more healthy ingredients then it wouldn't taste as good, it would be way more expensive, etc. if you are a typical lower class family with 2 or 3 kids its way cheaper to go to KFC to get a bucket of fried chicken than go to whole foods and buy the same thing. its about COST.

if you are in fitness food should be the #1 cost for you and if it isn't then you are not doing enough to improve your look, but many people don't care about that and will just opt for the cheaper option.

Everything is good in moderation. While milk does have a lot of calcium, on the other hand, it also contains a load of caseine, a protein that is useful for building calf's horns, but not exactly for a human! I'd say it's okay to drink it, but it's definitely not a product on which to base your diet.

Top Bottom